MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingWidenersInline Fabrication
RepackboxRotoMetals2Load DataLee Precision
Titan Reloading

Thread: Good score today but the future isn't bright

Boolit Buddy

Good score today but the future isn't bright

I was able to pick up #1100 of lead and alloy today at my favorite scrap yard. Approximately half of it is pure lead....really, really pure as in big blocks that were tested at over 99% lead intended for a battery factory or isotope containers. The rest is 4" strips of lino lettering or shallow ingots of lino or similar that the now deceased previous owner appears to have used to sweeten the pot as needed.
    The owner of the yard told me he hasn't seen any lino in 2 years. I bought the last #1274 batch he got back then. He had this pile of plumbum in a 55 gallon drum hidden in the back for me, knowing that I'm always a good buyer. I was a happy guy, the suv wasn't too angry and the wife will be taken out to dinner tomorrow night. Life is good.

What did you pay?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    $.80 per pound. That's the most I have paid for lead ever.
    Last Lino batch #1274 cost me $1.00 per pound but it was all nice print metal.

Boolit Master

warning!
    purple font means GOOD NATURE SARCASM

sick and tired of seeing global shortage hoarder people running out and buying all the precious items that should be fairly distributed the way i say to do it!

good haul!
    WebMonkey
    Retired 19D
    Psalm 91:9
    Honda 919

Boolit Master
    That it the way to seek out these good deals though. Work with the sources and eventually, ka-ching! Sometimes you have to just make a lot of non-productive visits so they know who you are and are easy to deal with. Good job, and enjoy the results of your work.

Boolit Buddy
    This will help to keep me in Boolits for the next few years as long as I continue shooting at the same rate as I have been for the last 5+. My great fear appears to be actually happening as we speak. While I have plenty of ammo and components to ride out this current crisis, it seems that too few others have anything to use. As the match director for one club that hosts several handgun events per month I can tell you I am worried. Events that last year drew 80 or more guns now look to be drawing fewer than 30. Fortunately, our club is out of debt and in good financial health. Some others may not be so fortunate. We have invested $20K on all new steel targets as well as $40K on concrete walls between our 5 adjacent pistol bays. Our corporate shoot clients that use the sporting clays facility can't find ammo and will likely be cancelling their events. The anti-gun types are playing the long game and our side needs to recognize they are playing for keeps.

Boolit Grand Master

Thats a nice score! None of the yards around here will sell to the public.