Titan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2Load Data
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingInline FabricationWideners
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: What's A 4" GP100 .357 Worth These Days?

Vendor Sponsor

What's A 4" GP100 .357 Worth These Days?

GF's BIL has this like new stainless gun in a factory gray plastic box with all the papers and the lock etc, has less than a cylinder full fired since new, he's curious about the value.

I told him don't sell it, it's made of unobtanium and he can't replace it, it's worth more than the money he could get for it to keep it b/c things are not going to get better any time soon.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Grand Master

Just watched the same sell for $999.99 but the shop owner did throw in a box of ammo.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/897326784

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/893233361
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 04-08-2021 at 10:34 PM.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Surprisingly, there are 3 pages of assorted gp100’s on gunbroker at the moment. The model that you mentioned are bringing about $700-$750.
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

Boolit Mold
    The ammo is rare as hen teeth in this market, but, you see NO GP100's around here these days. I found an SP101 and thought I won the lottery.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    A bird in the hand...

I'd sell two Glocks before I sold one GP100.
    Cargo

Boolit Bub

G'day from Downunder

G'day Doug , pity he is not down here I just payed $1650.00 for a like new GP100 and it seems to be the going rate if it is in this condition .
    Regards Paul .

Boolit Master
    Blued version new at the lgs is about $800

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by DougGuy View Post
    I told him don't sell it, it's made of unobtanium and he can't replace it, it's worth more than the money he could get for it to keep it b/c things are not going to get better any time soon.
    Good advice.

It is an interesting thought exercise / weather gauge in the current climate: What value does one put on one of the most durable versions of one of the most versatile caliber/size handgun platforms on the planet when there aren't any to be found?
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Boolit Master
    If you have any gun you don't want, now is the time to sell it.

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

I'm not selling anything... it's too hard to find replacements and the market is bat crap crazy.

Boolit Buddy
    My local Sportsmans Warehouse has a display with old police turn-ins.
    Well used. beat up and cruddy, they sell for high prices.
    And the new gun counters are always busy, guns seem to fly out the doors.
    Last edited by jaguarxk120; 04-10-2021 at 06:03 PM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dougader View Post
    I'm not selling anything... it's too hard to find replacements and the market is bat crap crazy.
    Don't buy the replacements now. Sell a gun you don't want now. Put the cash away until prices drop. Then buy what you want.

Yes, prices will go down. Maybe take a year or so but they will go down.

Our Sportsman's has pistols for sale. Maybe not the exact one you are looking for. Probably 20 or so. I noticed a Smith snubby and an LCR. All at 'normal' prices.

Boolit Master
    I just bought a 4" fixed sight stainless version $600.

Boolit Master

I bought an extra S&W M&P40c because CDNN had them on sale for $299 with night sights a couple of years ago. I already had an M&P40c with a safety, but no night sights.

Swapped sights with with my other M&P and just took it to the LGS and told them to sell it. They listed it at $500. They wanted to list it at $550, but I said that was just too much.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master
    I don’t get out to LGS’ much, but a scan of recent GB sold items matching that description (4” stainless new or slightly used with box, etc) looks to be in the $800-$900 range.

New up here run around $1,050 Cdn or around $750 US. There are a number of on-line retailers with inventory.

Low mileage samples run around $750 Cdn to $900 Cdn.

Take Care

Bob
    Last edited by robertbank; 04-19-2021 at 10:44 AM.
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Boolit Master
    I paid $600.00 for mine a couple years ago. Polished the internals, replaced springs, and shimmed it. I wouldn’t take $1500.00 for it now, one of the best pistols I’ve ever owned. DA beats my nice Smiths, and SA is almost as nice as my Smiths. I only have one gripe and that’s the false reset if you short stroke on resetting the trigger, but since I’ve almost exclusively been shooting DA for the last ten years I just let all the way off naturally and it doesn’t bother me.

Boolit Buddy

Haven’t seen a 4 inch.357 GP-100 in a while, like before the so called election. A local gunshop had a pair of 5 inch GP-100’s (1 blued, 1 stainless) going for $719 for the blued and $789 for the stainless. I put the blued on lay-away .