Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingRepackboxLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help! Old MEC 200 questions

Boolit Master

That would be great beagle. I love the paper shells myself and when I shot skeet, that is what I used for skeet loads. A friend who owned a Hardware store in town used Federal Paper factory shells exclusively for both Trap and Skeet. He was not into reloading so he always gave me and another shooter the fired hulls. I love the smell of a paper hull right after it has been fired. That was back in the 80's and I have only a handful of the paper hulls now. The next time I catch BPI with some 1st fired papers in stock I think I will order out a few just for ol times sake. james

Sam If I was you I'd jsut go out and buy a new MEC loader and be done with it.

You'll never lose any money on it and you'd be starting with a clean machine that you don't have to mess with.

The only way I'll buy a used up machine is if it is a really good deal, and I know I can fix it. There aren't any "Really Good Deals" on used equipment right now, as everybody is scrambling.

My .02

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Grand Master
    Sam,

I posted this on “Reloading Equipment” but just in case you missed it there...

The prices on used MEC equipment for loading shotshells, especially in 12 ga, haven’t taken the big hop that a lot of other reloading equipment has. I’ve got a Versa MEC from an estate I sold off and when I tried to get $125 for it at the last Lynchburg gun show, it drew just about ZERO interest. Therefore, I’d say that $60 for an older, incomplete one is probably too much. If you are somewhere in VA convenient to Lynchburg, drop me a PM.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master

TNsailorman,

You have a PM and good news and bad news./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12