Inline FabricationWidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingRepackboxLee PrecisionLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9mm with SP and SR primers psi tests

Boolit Grand Master

"I've no idea the value of 100,000 views in a week"....could you enlighten me?"

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-...million-2019-9

https://dudeasks.com/how-much-do-you...k-or-1m-views/
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

I'm A Honcho!
    With good content and following you could make 1500-2000 dollars a month. There are some good Youtubers on here. Win94AE is one of my favorites but he’s not very popular by YouTube standards. I changed how I scoped my 44 magnum rifles from one of his videos. The topic you posted both in 9mm and 44 are only talked about never really tested. And if they are tested they are unscientific. Broad appeal is what I read in the majority of what you write.
    You never know how you rank amongst men 'til you have seen what will break another man.
    The original "Bluejay" US Army/ US Navy 1945-1970.

Boolit Master
    Interesting, I don't take any thing on YouTube very seriously and watch very few as I have seen some real garbage on YouTube.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bluejay75 View Post
    With good content and following you could make 1500-2000 dollars a month. There are some good Youtubers on here. Win94AE is one of my favorites but he’s not very popular by YouTube standards. I changed how I scoped my 44 magnum rifles from one of his videos. The topic you posted both in 9mm and 44 are only talked about never really tested. And if they are tested they are unscientific. Broad appeal is what I read in the majority of what you write.
    I am sure Larry could make some entertaining videos but what he does best is present test data in an understandable way. He does that with his writing. I don't think it is entertaining, it is informative. With it being written down it gives a reader time to digest it. I probably read Larry's posts half a dozen times.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Master
    Back when HANDLOADER accepted articles from free lance writers this information which Larry posted would have been gladly accepted for inclusion in the magazine.
    With the changes in editors over the years and the dumbing down of the published articles in deference to trying to increase sales to a larger group of readers, such material as this has been deemed too technical for the masses.
    Decreed by our Creator: The man who has been made able to believe and understand that Jesus Christ has been sent into this world by the Father has been born of the Spirit of God. This man shall never experience spiritual death. He will live forever!

Boolit Master
    It's too technical for most people who view Youtube videos

PS I would never post a video about reloading, especially one that has any data in it.

Boolit Master
    Did you use the same lot of brass for this test?

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by jsizemore View Post
    Did you use the same lot of brass for this test?
    Of course......The same lot of brass were used in all the tests including the same lot of 357 Magnum brass. The only variable was the primer used.
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Master
    Thanks. I just had to ask.

As wmitty posted above, this is the type of info we used to be able to glean from shooting magazines. Larry, thanks for sharing it, we are lucky to have your knowledge on this forum. Keep up the good work!

Boolit Man
    Excellent article, Larry. My observation has nothing to do with pressure or velocity. I loaded some SR primers in 9mm brass by mistake, noticed the error before loading powder and lead, and decided to snap the primers. My Taurus Millenium had +60% FTF, while my wife's EC9 popped every one, including the ones the Taurus wouldn't fire.
    Don't want no one to git hurt, but if you're gonna have a wreck, I wanna watch.

Boolit Master

Thanks for doing the testing and posting your results.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12