WidenersReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Repackbox RotoMetals2

Thread: Tulsa Gun Show

Tulsa Gun Show

Wishing those who attend fine time. Even living in Oklahoma, I've only attended twice in all my years. The first was back in the 90's and was quite the sight to see. I attended a second one about 5 or 6 years back, still pretty impressive.

After there being no Tulsa Gun Show (Covid shut down) last year, I can't imagine what the one coming up this weekend is going to look like. I don't think you could shoot me out of a cannon into the place.

Looking forward to the reports back of those who do attend. Good luck!

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

This doesn’t have much to do with the Tulsa gun show but just for comparison purposes I thought I would post.
    A couple years ago I was in Oklahoma City in Jan. to attend a wedding for a friends daughter and went to a gun show there at there fairgrounds. I had a $ 1 off coupon and when I got to the show I was surprised that the fee was $ 15 to enter. It wasn’t a very big show at all maybe a 150 tables and not all were sold.

Here in OH we have gun shows everywhere and the general entrance is $ 4 or $ 5 and one I frequent has 900 tables ! I guess since ours usually sell out and are well attended they do well at $ 5.

Jedman

Boolit Master
    I’ve been to the Tulsa Show twice. It is gigantic; all in one big building, but easily the equivalent of the seven buildings that the Great Western shows in LA used to have.

You literally can’t see all of it, because there is no time after going through to “circle back” and catch the tables that weren’t set up yet or were covered while the owners were out and about. Going through the next day, you may or may not catch some of them, but by the time you get to the end, people are packing up and leaving.

It’s a fantastic show; a statistical universe where the diligent accumulator has a 100% chance of finding something he “needs.”

I went to the Big Reno Show a few weeks back. It’s now in Sparks, rather than Reno, and it isn’t all that Big (or as well organized) as it used to be when it was at the Grand Sierra. Prices were high, but the Stuff was interesting to look at, anyway. They gave you a colored wrist band and let you run around for 1-1/2 hours, then the Wristband Police shooed you out. If you wanted to come back that day, you waited at the end of the line for the next wrist band. “Social Distancing,” don’t’cha know, but surprisingly well handled, and kudos to the Show people for putting the thing on under the strictures the Nevada Guvnor imposed. My interval of 1-1/2 hours, both days, got me the whole Show on my regular time allotment. Masks mandatory, of course.

I don’t think they could do that at Tulsa. It’s an 8-hour Show, just to get through most of it. Only cost $10 to get in, and parking was free.

Boolit Grand Master
    Been about a half dozen times. I learned to take a notebook (and extra tylenol and water) with me, so if I saw something interesting I wanted to come back and see it, I could make a notation where it was, otherwise, you will forget where it is!! Doesn't mean it will be there when you get back though!!! Some interesting stuff, some $ and some $$$$$. Saw one 8' table where to total price of the guns sitting on it was well over 1 million dollars.
    Maybe next fall, but not this weekend. It will be a zoo!!!!

I'll be going, daughter has some stuff she wants in tulsa, so full day trip. We've walked through a couple of times in about 3 hours. But it isnt looking at much. Just gonna wander.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master
    My nephew is going with the great-nephew. Will get a report on the goings on!!!