Load DataRepackboxWidenersInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S&W Governor - Reasons to love it?

Boolit Master
    Each shot would be similar to 4 hits with 380 ball ammo. Assuming the target is close enough to get all 4 balls on target. So with 5 rounds you get = to 20 shots with your 380 if the target is close enough .
    I'm trying to think of a reason

Boolit Master
    Ours is the most used firearm on our property, mainly for snakes. Works great on feral cats, coons, skunks, and opossum's as well. As long as we live in the country it will never be sold.
    East Tennessee

Boolit Master
    You guys that live in the country and use them have more practical experience than the rest of us combined .
    And I gotta confess I have a bond arms 45/410 I just like it for no practical reason . I don't even carry it for snakes . Just get it out about once a year and shoot 8 or 10 , 410s and put it up for another year.
    I was a member at another forum where a member actually used his in a defensive situation at a few feet and it was a DRT to the bad guy , he was struck in the neck with the 00 buck load.

Boolit Buddy
    Here's a quote from Dr. Fackler that I lifted from an old issue of Wound Ballistics Review:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LUCK.png 
Views:	13 
Size:	116.9 KB 
ID:	281078

And here's a picture I lifted from a ShootingTheBull video showing one shot from a Judge (five 000 buckshots) fired at 7 yards :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	judge_000_7_yards.png 
Views:	11 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	281079

And each of those .36 caliber balls penetrates more than 12" in bare gel.

Basically a Governor is a dependable Judge. It’s put together a lot better. I have shot Judge, Gov and Circuit Judge, novelties at best. Non of them are accurate with 45 Colt. As far as killing some varmit with shot you have to be right on top of it. SD with Buck you are close so effective range would be inside no miss zone for any handgun.
    A 410 shotgun is better choice for farm gun. A 44 or 45 with shot caps is better choice for the occasional close range varmit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12