Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2RepackboxTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Bullet Master replacement part

Boolit Bub

Bullet Master replacement part

Does anyone have the OEM part name and number for the Bullet Ejector cylinder on the Magma Bullet Master? Think its BM440 under the magma manual.

I have emailed Magma a few times but have not had a response. I guess they are snowed under with work.

Boolit Buddy
    Electric or air solenoid?
    "EXPERT= Ex is a has been, spurt is a drip under pressure" Unknown

Boolit Bub
    It is the air version.

Vendor Sponsor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    John 15:13
    Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Boolit Bub
    Thank you

Boolit Master
    Thank you too, i have searched their site, yet can't find it.... I'm not sure what they call them so i can even look for an alternative in another brand.

Boolit Master
    Ok, on further inspection, i seem to have found an archived post from the forum giving the following alternative:
    https://www.smcpneumatics.com/NCMB075-0050S.html

I assumed the cylinder had a reciprocating valve, so you just apply air and it automatically keeps striking, not just a single tap.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazza View Post
    Ok, on further inspection, i seem to have found an archived post from the forum giving the following alternative:
    https://www.smcpneumatics.com/NCMB075-0050S.html

I assumed the cylinder had a reciprocating valve, so you just apply air and it automatically keeps striking, not just a single tap.
    Tazza, this one is not for the hammer action to eject bullets but rather the one to eject the sprue from the sprue plate.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mozee View Post
    Tazza, this one is not for the hammer action to eject bullets but rather the one to eject the sprue from the sprue plate.
    That makes more sense

I'd like to find a hammering cylinder, just not sure where to t look, the only hammering i managed to do was a computer controlled control valve to cycle the air.

Boolit Bub
    I will let you know what I find, I found an alternative for around 20 bucks so cheap enough to throw away if it doesn't work. Will keep you posted.

PS - this is for the cylinder to eject the bullets.

Boolit Master
    Awesome, looking forward to hearing how it goes.

If you're talking about the piston for knocking the sprue loose from the sprue cutter, I've been using this one:

https://www.zoro.com/speedaire-1-116...j6/i/G1990152/

This is the piston that strikes the sprue cutter to knock the sprue loose just before the mold opens all the way to drop the bullets. It mounts to the outside of the machine, on the left side as you face the machine.

My machine is an old Mark 6, and the aluminum hammer head on the end of the piston was pretty beat up and flattened, so I turned a new one out of brass. It gives it a little more impact, but still doesn't beat up the sprue cutters, and it's been lasting pretty well.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Master
    Thanks for the link Fred. No matter the material you use, it will eventually mushroom, but with a lathe, you just cut a new one

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazza View Post
    That makes more sense

I'd like to find a hammering cylinder, just not sure where to t look, the only hammering i managed to do was a computer controlled control valve to cycle the air.
    you need a Repeat Cycle timer relay looked at one of our machines on a mk 6 the pour
    time is what fires the cylinders you would need to set it up
    for your fastest pour time

When input voltage is applied, the relay turns on for the on-cycle time. Then the relay turns off for the off-cycle time. This process repeats until the input voltage is removed.

like this one you can control both the on and off to .1 sec https://www.amazon.com/DH48S-S-repea...strial&sr=1-58

forgot you will need to add a solenoid valve at the cylinder and wire it to the timer circut for the sprue knocker
    mike
    Last edited by m37; 04-10-2021 at 09:01 AM.

Boolit Master
    Easier way of doing it. I had tappers setup on my master caster, my brother added something to the code to make the cylinder cycle just like that timer does. It did the job, but beat the absolute snot out of the brass ends, but that was to be expected with each cycle it would strike 5 or so times

Boolit Bub
    on the bullet masters mk6 is the newest we have they are all relays and wires