ADvertise hereRepackboxTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionReloading UK

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Duplex loads

Boolit Master

Does using duplex loads reduce the smoke cloud?

Boolit Grand Master

Not that I can tell, still using 54 gr BP in my 1873 replicant 45-70s.
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GregLaROCHE View Post
    The cable I use is plastic coated and the threaded parts are brass. I can’t see how it could damage the muzzle. I like the idea of a squirt bottle from the receiver side. I never thought of doing that. You still have to push the patch from the muzzle end. Doesn’t that push anything into the receiver?
    Greg
    1) cleaning rods - I live in redsoil country, there is always ultra fine red dust and it is super abrasive, no way to prevent some contamination on plastic rods or anything like that. I never use anything in the bore without a muzzle protector to prevent contact - it you live in clean country maybe its not a worry ?
    2) gunk in the receiver - gun is upside down in a cradle - loose patch drops out as soon as it clears the chamber - or use a soft bristle brush - just one pass to disturb the softened fouling then the next flush clears it out the muzzle - usually the third patch is clean, one more flush to be sure and patch it dry (double patches for that) then WD40 . cradle and rod, flush bottle, tin of flannelette patches and a gallon of water live in the back of my workshop ready to use - the whole process takes only a couple of minutes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123