WidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Load DataTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Wednesday, Apr. 07

For Thought and Meditation - Wednesday, Apr. 07

Good morning all. Important message today and one we (I) should listen too closely. Have a safe and blessed day.

Wednesday, April 7, 2021 - Pastor Greg Laurie
    Why Do We Lie?

“For you are the children of your father the devil, and you love to do the evil things he does. He was a murderer from the beginning. He has always hated the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, it is consistent with his character; for he is a liar and the father of lies.”
    —John 8:44

We know that lying is wrong, so why do we do it? Often it’s because we’ve been caught doing something wrong, so we want to find a way to explain it. But we’ll also lie to save face or lie to keep from offending someone.

Regardless, commandment nine of the Ten Commandments tells us, “You must not testify falsely against your neighbor” (Exodus 20:16 NLT). Or, simply put, “You shall not lie.”

There are a number of ways we lie, from outright lies to so-called little white lies. But there’s also another way we lie, and that is through gossiping and backbiting. For example, when we say things like “Have you heard . . .” or “Hey, I don’t know if this is true, but . . .” or “I wouldn’t tell you this, but I know it won’t go any further . . . ,” that is gossip.

The word gossip even hisses when we say it. It reminds us of the Serpent’s temptation of Eve in the Garden of Eden. The Devil really is in the details here because we can end up slandering someone or destroying their reputation by saying something that isn’t factually true.

I’ve often said that it’s always a good idea to apply the acronym T.H.I.N.K. before we speak: Is it true? Is it helpful? Is it inspiring? Is it necessary? Is it kind? If what you’re about to say doesn’t meet those standards, then don’t say it.

Proverbs 6:16–19 lists seven things that God hates, and interestingly, two of them have to do with lying. Not only that, but Jesus described the Devil as “the father of lies” (John 8:44 NLT).

So when we lie, we’re behaving more like the children of the Devil than the children of God. God hates it when His people lie.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Amen and thank you for a great lesson!

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    James spoke of gossip and how evil our tongues can be . Your seeing that running rampant in our society right now . It seems to be almost accepted by many . It's a dangerous thing . Good lesson Pine Baron , one we need to use daily .
    No turning back , No turning back !