Inline FabricationReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Load DataTitan ReloadingRepackboxLee Precision
RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update on my wife 4-6-21

Boolit Master

Thumbs up Update on my wife 4-6-21

She was able to see the new oncologist today (yesterday actually since I am writing this at 1 AM the next day) and he believes from the masses that the cancer has indeed returned. Being that we are on zero income, and wanting to save us both the pain and expense of yet another biopsy and emergency blood-work he has elected to instead return her to the medications that she was on before, and his office is working with Johnson & Johnson to get her the medication at no cost again as her previous oncologist was able to do. Blood-work has been ordered, but results will be through a lab that will cost MUCH less and return them in 1-2 weeks instead of a 2 hour turn around (he is also a hematologist and has an in-house blood lab, but the cost of it is above and beyond insane if you don't have insurance). She also has a scheduled CT scan for next week already (at more than a grand, but which is still far better than most of the other area doctors costs). I am just relieved that the process is started finally, and so far he isn't giving her the long face.

Thank you all so much for the help, prayers, thoughts, words, and every kind of positivity. We both appreciate it very much, particularly since I tend to be a wreck when in situations where I can't do anything to help her. I will keep updates coming as we know them.

God Bless!

Richard
    Yes I can be long winded. Yes I follow rabbit trails. Yes I admit when I am wrong. Your mileage may vary.

Keep your powder dry. Watch yer Top knot.

"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!"

Yes there were "Short" 45 Colts! http://www.leverguns.com/articles/taylor/45_short_colt.htm

Saying a prayer for both of you, may you stay strong and positive throughout the procedures to come.

Keep the faith,

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Master
    Prayers sent that the Good Lord may work his wonders!

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Boolit Buddy
    Prayers sent.

Banned

prayer said.

Boolit Buddy

Praying now

Thank you for the update Richard. Praying for God's mercy and blessings for you both.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Grand Master

Continued prayer - and this will be a long term process.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Smith View Post
    Continued prayer - and this will be a long term process.
    Agreed. Hang in there. Things take time and prayers sent everything works out fine.
    Ron

Boolit Master

Thank you for the update, We continue to pray for every situation that you all are facing.

Boolit Master
    Prayers sent

Moderator Emeritus

Father, I come to You as You are the Great Healer and I am praying for comfort and healing for Richard's wife. Please allow her to get all the tests and treatments she needs so that she can be returned to Richard, their family, and their friends. Father please give Richard the strength to see his wife through her ordeal. AMEN
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Buddy
    Prayers for her, you and the family.
    The Soldier that Volunteers, fighting for his Country and his rights,
    makes the most reliable Soldier on Earth.

Boolit Buddy
    Adding you and your wife to my daily prayer list. My the Lord heal your wife and give the both of you the strength, courage and stamina to deal with the challenges you both face. Please keep us informed about her progress!

Boolit Buddy
    Y’all are both in my prayers.

I know a little about what you’re going through as my wife is battling cancer too.

Prayers for you and your wife.

Boolit Grand Master

Prayers for the both of you.

Boolit Master
    I don't know if I posted this update here yet or not. I haven't slept, so pardon me if I have.

The oncologist called and after looking at blood results (he apparently paid to have them hotfooted on his own dime) he now believes the cancer has taken "an aggressive turn". Instead of a grand for a test forty five minutes away next week, it is now $3500+ for a test three hours away. Medicaid/care/whatever has denied her any assistance (just a reduction in test costs would have been a major help) because we still have not won the ongoing battles with SS Disability. Thank the good Lord that folks helped via gofundme, we have just enough left after the appointments to cover the first test, which should get her back on the assistance program to get the meds at no cost.

The long and short is we actually don't know a thing at this point. Nothing. Waiting isn't an option, and I don't know what to even say or do anymore.

I just don't know. First test is a major step. I hope the results are better than expected.

God Bless.

Richard
    Yes I can be long winded. Yes I follow rabbit trails. Yes I admit when I am wrong. Your mileage may vary.

Keep your powder dry. Watch yer Top knot.

"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!"

Yes there were "Short" 45 Colts! http://www.leverguns.com/articles/taylor/45_short_colt.htm

One step, one day at a time. God's plan will unfold and His will be done. May God bring His blessings to you both.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Praying for you.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast