RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLee Precision
RepackboxReloading EverythingWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Fair distribution of shooting supplies

Quote Originally Posted by Petrol & Powder View Post
    That's their prerogative. If you don't like it, buy the items yourself. It's called capitalism.
    Yes it is, but they still suck!

The guy who was buying it all at Walmart was putting it into our local Hardware store until I raised hell with the owner about him contributing to the high prices of .22's. This guy was selling 50 round boxes for $15-20 each,,, and No I didn't buy any.

But the Owner of the store listened to me and had the guy come and pick it all up.

That guy who was buying all the Walmart ammo, was literally buying every box as soon as it was shelved 3-5 times a week. He literally has a 2 car garage filled floor to ceiling with cases of every brand of .22LR that Walmart ever sold. Walmart got sick of being hounded on when ammo was coming in,,, Their solution was,,, Now they don't sell any ammo at all! They could have limited it to one or two boxes per customer, but now it is ruined for everyone!

Now they suck too!

But Democrats suck more because everything negative that is happening with guns and ammo is directly on them.

I say they are Traitors to this Country and to the Constitution.

We are a Free Country for one reason and one reason only,,, We have guns!

Messing with the one thing that keeps us Free is Treason !!! Period!!!

Randy
    Last edited by W.R.Buchanan; 04-14-2021 at 05:58 PM.
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by dtknowles View Post
    What you talk about only makes sense for people with a single product or a limited product and no or little overhead. If you have a store that sells ammo and other things but you are getting a lot less ammo to sell then you will want to focus on selling other things. Some local stores that used to sell ammo have stopped and turned that shelf space over to other products.
    Exactly. In this market, if you an advertise that you have reloading components to sell, you will get traffic in to purchase it. Walk in customers many times purchase other items for sale in the store. The more you can increase foot traffic in the store, and the longer you can keep those customers in the store, the greater possibility of increasing sales of other goods. Instituting purchasing limits on the components puts the product to work for you. It will increase the traffic and thereby the possibility of selling other merchandise. Why just sell a box of primers, when that same box can also sell some cleaning gear, a sling, and maybe even a handgun?

Hell, this is how the mall culture was built up in the latter half of the twentieth century. Interesting marketing tactics.
    Last edited by wyowillys46; 04-14-2021 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Composition

Boolit Buddy
    Supply and demand; its how we roll:

The dealer must charge his cost + his markup or he will not be able to restock at ever increasing prices... There will come a saturation point above which no one with a brain will buy. At that price point increases will stall the sales, stalled sales will allow the manufacturing supply line to rebuild inventory. As inventory builds, price goes down to deplete that inventory.

Rationing:

Almost has to be done to keep the customer base for a small retailer. Even those at the lower pay ranks would like to have a 50 count box of FMJ's and a 20 count of HP's for their .38 spec. once a month. Same for a pound of powder, a pack of primers and a box of heads to keep going for a couple of months. We are, IMO, a brotherhood/sisterhood of shooters and the same as you make allowances/compensations for weaker/stronger individuals in the other areas of life so it should be for our much enjoyed hobby of firearm infatuation.

Hoarders/resellers:

This is, again IMO, the dark side of what is going on. It's simple; don't take more than you need... Cut back a match or two, if you need two packs of primers don't take four. "Well my grand kids are coming in this weekend so I need an extra brick of .22's... fine, but next week when you will only be shooting your .45 leave the .22's for another and his or hers grand kids. If your a dedicated shooter this is hard to do, believe me I know. But after living through this many times I think it is the right thing to do. I always try to buy as I go along. Properly stored ammo and components don't go bad for a very, very long time. I really believe in this methodology and if we can adhere to it we can come through this crap just fine and as friends.

Wow, there's my dollars worth and thanks for reading along...

Boolit Master
    My solution to shortages and scalping?

Do not feed the BEARS! I buy nothing, I have what I need. The scalpers would choke on their piles of greedily accumulated supplies if more folks practiced restraint on their buying habits.

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Tecs View Post
    The limit is to prevent people from purchasing to resell at inflated prices.
    Unfortunately we're seeing scavengers hiring homeless people to camp out overnight at the doors of places like bass-pro to save places in line. Also seeing employees of those places getting paid to phone people with advance info about ammunition deliveries. Normal people with a job don't stand a chance.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345