RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationWidenersLoad Data
Titan Reloading

Thread: Creamy Cabbage Dish (Keto)

Creamy Cabbage Dish (Keto)

There is a website in the recipe and I'm fairly certain that's where I got it from. (good site for keto BTW)

I made it for the first time yesterday and it's quite tasty. Yes, I know cabbage is very bland, but this dish, while it's not going to knock your tastebuds senseless does have a nice flavor. It's also definitely for those in ketosis. It's extremely creamy so it's aptly named. Can other folks eat it? Sure. But you might want to take steps to reduce the fat in it. Since I'm in ketosis I can't help you with that. I made it exactly as seen in the recipe below. My only gripe is the calorie count for one serving but thats due to the fat in it. There is no such thing as a recipe that uses fat for those in ketosis and low calorie.

What to serve with it? I had smoked ham from the supermarket and the 2 complemented each other nicely. Any entree that isn't highly flavored would work.

Keto Creamy Cabbage Casserole
    https://www.ruled.me/keto-recipes/

THE PREPARATION
    8 tablespoon butter
    32 ounce green cabbage
    1 medium yellow onion
    2 teaspoon garlic, minced
    1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
    6 tablespoon ranch dressing
    6 ounce cream cheese
    Salt and pepper to taste
    6 ounce cheddar cheese, shredded

THE EXECUTION
    1. Measure out and prepare all the ingredients. Preheat oven to 400F and grease a baking dish. A 8x8x2 pyrex is a bit smallish. A 9x13x2 would be better suited. But either way put a pan under it to catch drips. (See note far below)

2. Using a mandolin or sharp knife, shred the cabbage, onion, and mince the garlic.

3. In a frying pan, melt the butter on medium to high heat. Saute the shredded cabbage, onion, and garlic for 7-10 minutes or until softened. Add the heavy whipping cream, ranch dressing, and cream cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir together and let simmer for 5-8 minutes more.

4. Add the cabbage mixture to a greased baking pan. Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese evenly over the top. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is completely melted and golden brown in color.

5. Serve hot and enjoy!

This makes a total of 6 servings of Keto Creamy Cabbage Casserole. Each serving comes out to be 660 calories, 62.7g fat, 11.2g net carbs, and 12.5g protein.

We have always made creamed cabbage on the stove top. Cut the cabbage into pieces. Remove the core. Boil the cabbage to your liking. I like it a little al dente. Then make a white sauce:

2-3 tablespoons flour
    1 tsp salt 1 tsp pepper
    half a stick of butter.

Melt the butter, stir in the flour, salt, and pepper. When nicely blended add two cups milk. Continue to cook until the milk thickens and pour over the cabbage. Stir and serve. A little garlic powder is good as well. Maybe add a little onion to the raw cabbage. Green onions will make it look better. So will some bacon bits.

When I was younger I could eat the entire bowlful.