MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLoad DataRepackbox
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingWidenersLee Precision
Reloading Everything

Thread: Corbin “Sea Girt” Type X dies

Banned

Corbin “Sea Girt” Type X dies

Just saw an ad by Corbin on google about the type “X” dies. Anyone have any experience with those dies?

Boolit Man
    Nope but they look like a copy of Richards dies for more money. Granted, Richard may or may not make you what you want but I would ask him first. BTW, the dies for the Sea Girt and Walnut hill are interchangeable.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jimrk View Post
    Nope but they look like a copy of Richards dies for more money. Granted, Richard may or may not make you what you want but I would ask him first. BTW, the dies for the Sea Girt and Walnut hill are interchangeable.
    Yeah, that’s what I noticed. And it is helluva pricey. But if I have Richard’s presses. If he doesn’t make what I want or need, then it’s good to know that I someone that’ll make what I want to work in my press at the very least.

Boolit Buddy
    Got a link to the X- dies? I may contact set in .475 caliber.
    Thanks

Boolit Man
    google is your friend ..http://www.swage.com/ftp/sgadapt.pdf

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by jimrk View Post
    google is your friend ..http://www.swage.com/ftp/sgadapt.pdf
    Google hates me, but thanks for the link to the pdf. I will contact Dave (I did recently speak to Richard and he is slammed with 223 and 308 die orders.)
    Thanks

Boolit Master

So it appears that Dave Corbin's Walnut Hill dies will cost around $1200 for a three die set. Since I can use core swage & core seat dies from all the sets I already have, I only have to buy $529 point form dies to make a new bullet. Core swage & core seat dies are easy to make also. Glad Dave decided to make my favorite swaging dies. He must have come to some agreement with his brother.

Bob

PS: I don't understand why Dave keeps calling them Sea Girt dies when the whole world calls them Walnut Hill.
    Si hostes visibilis, etiam tu

Boolit Bub
    Looks like Richard retired and Dave is selling NOS or picking up where RCE left off. You may not like the prices, but you can still get what you need, It cost alot to re tool.

Boolit Man
    Richard may say he's retired but he is still making dies.
    Don't know if he know what Dave is doing and I'm not going to be the one to tell him

Boolit Buddy
    Yes, Richard is still making dies, but not taking any custom orders, he is making what he wants to or what he finds interesting. Currently he is doing alot of 223 and 308 dies from what he told me a week or so ago when I spoke to him last (I was trying to get him to do a set of .475 3/4E dies with jacket trim die and a 2nd pf die with a TC profile) and was told he was too busy with 223 and 308 dies. So for me unless I can find a set of dies, I will have to pay Dave's $ and now his 6-8 month wait.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 475AR View Post
    Yes, Richard is still making dies, but not taking any custom orders, he is making what he wants to or what he finds interesting. Currently he is doing alot of 223 and 308 dies from what he told me a week or so ago when I spoke to him last (I was trying to get him to do a set of .475 3/4E dies with jacket trim die and a 2nd pf die with a TC profile) and was told he was too busy with 223 and 308 dies. So for me unless I can find a set of dies, I will have to pay Dave's $ and now his 6-8 month wait.
    I see quite a few of his .308 dies on his website. It’s cool he’s making .223 stuff though! I need a lead tip forming die and a rebated boattail die set!