Snyders JerkyInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWidenersTitan Reloading
Load Data Lee Precision

Thread: what ammo shortage?

Boolit Master

what ammo shortage?

It'll probably go higher, but that's an opening price of averaging about 50 cents or so each.

I'm kind of surprised to see it though.
    I was under the impression the govt. wouldn't sell live ammunition at all.
    That's why when we see the old surplus stuff on the market, its always pulled down to the components, and unprimed.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master

its not the government persay but rather a city that is unloading excess to profit. have to have an ffl to bid AND to pick up
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Master

Guess if I buy this lot I'll have to get me a .40 !

Boolit Master
    Someone is probably going to make a bunch of money on this deal and I'll bet it doesn't last long after the bid winner takes possession.

Cast Boolits Owner

Reading the questions at the bottom I see they are indicating this must be purchased and picked up by an FFL holder. They also indicate the last guy who purchased a like amount easily fit it in his f250.

What do you think would happen if you were pulled over while heading home with 60,000 rounds of ammo in the back of your truck/van/SUV?
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by No_1 View Post
    Reading the questions at the bottom I see they are indicating this must be purchased and picked up by an FFL holder. They also indicate the last guy who purchased a like amount easily fit it in his f250.

What do you think would happen if you were pulled over while heading home with 60,000 rounds of ammo in the back of your truck/van/SUV?
    With the proper 1.4S placards nothing. It's been a while since I have transported small arms ammo in large quantities but it's not hard to do while staying within the laws and regulations. The ammo sellers at gun shows very rarely follow the DOT regs and I have never heard of any of them having any issues.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by No_1 View Post

In Texas, "That's all you could buy?". LOL.
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by rancher1913 View Post
    its not the government persay but rather a city that is unloading excess to profit. have to have an ffl to bid AND to pick up
    Wonder if they'll allow C&R FFL's?

A friend of mine who owns a gun shop, bid and one one of these auctions about 8 months ago, the ammo came from a police department in Arizona that had to get rid of there 40 s&w ammo. He made a massive profit for doing so.

Boolit Master

GT Distributors does trades with LEO agencies, gets their pistols and all the ammo, sells both at very Reasonable prices. Most pistol ammo is around$14 / box of 50,( yes, even now) most pistols have little use other than holster wear. Just have to be lucky to live close to a GT store.
    10-x

NRA Endowment
    H.R.M.S.
    N.F.A.C.
    RVN Veteran
    VFW
    "The short memories of the American voters is what keeps our politicians in office"------Will Rogers

Boolit Master

Who's paying the excise tax the PD didn't pay on the ammo? just saying as they will be making a giant profit on it. Kinda not fair to all the dealers that don't get it

Boolit Master
    I met and bought firearms from the owner of GT many years ago when he attended our local shows. He was a rabid collector of S&W vintage firearms. Once I was on vacation traveling and found a dealer who had a S&W top break revolver with two accessory barrel/cylinder sets (all different lengths) that and been made and sold that way by S&W. All of these items were pristine condition. I called and spoke to the GT owner - asked if he would be interested in these and offered the owner's name and phone number. He answered that he had 3 other sets like these so there was no real need for another. All the same he appreciated the call. Several of his S&W revolvers are pictured in Roy Jinks book History of S&W.