Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingLoad DataSnyders Jerky
RepackboxRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Small-frame snubby recommendations

Boolit Master

I agree. #1 have a gun, #2 it must work "ABSOLUTELY'', #3 your choice..............
    JMHO-YMMV
    dd884
    gary@2texastrucks.com
    Gary D. Peek

Boolit Buddy
    for truck or car carry, I have a holster strapped to the steering column between my legs with a 2 1/2 in revolver

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 2A-Jay View Post
    I have a Charter Arms Under Cover .38 that works for me.
    I'll second the Charter Arms Under Covers, but don't get the ones with the alloy frames unless you're really insensitive to recoil. They're rough! And that is with medium loads, too. I was insensitive to recoil, I thought, until I got the alloy frame Pink Lady for SWMBO. I'll be loading lighter loads for her, since her hands aren't nearly as big and tough as mine.

Bill

Boolit Master

I have a Colt Cobra that is great and I would recommend one if you can find one. Light, action like glass, and mine has a hammer shroud making it a true pocket gun. Mine is from the early 60's I think and I was told when I bought it that it was a trade in from a retired cop. The really cool thing is the front sight is bent, purposely, when aiming slowly front sight high and bringing it down on target you easily notice it is bent to the left what looks like a lot. Once on target the sights are dead on, someone knew what they were doing working on this and I'll never give it up.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrounge View Post
    I'll second the Charter Arms Under Covers, but don't get the ones with the alloy frames unless you're really insensitive to recoil. They're rough! And that is with medium loads, too. I was insensitive to recoil, I thought, until I got the alloy frame Pink Lady for SWMBO. I'll be loading lighter loads for her, since her hands aren't nearly as big and tough as mine.

Bill
    The only thing I really don't like about Charters is the lack of grips selection. With me at least, grips make or break a snubby and there is just not much out there. I so wish Pachmayr would make the excellent Compac Pro for it.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456