Snyders JerkyLoad DataTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLee Precision
Wideners Inline Fabrication

Thread: Got my vintage Feinwerkbau 300s finished

Boolit Master

Got my vintage Feinwerkbau 300s finished

A huge surprise to day in that Fedex delivered my air rifle seals and a couple of tins of different types of pellets. Was supposed to arrive last Wednesday but no show. I receive my spring compressor last Thursday but all I could do was some practice assemblies and dis-assemblies with it. I used a very slight coat of Mobil 1 synthetic grease on the parts thaat slide against each others. Did a test fire before I put the mechanics back in the stock to make sure it cocked and fired and such. The shot hit my 20 foot target with what sounded like a lots more force. I would get out my chrono that I use on my black powder slug guns but I think a .177 pellet is too small? Any ideas how to measure the velocity of a .177 pellet? If I can remember it I take a couple pictures and upload tomorrow.
    John

Boolit Master
    I was able to get readings on pellets with my Chrony by setting it up indoors, leaving the screens off and hanging light bulbs over the photocells at about the screen height. IIRC, I used a phone book to stop the shots.

What the heck is a "phone book". jd
    It seems that people who do almost nothing, often complain loudly when it's time to do it.

Boolit Master
    Here are several shots:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FWB300s 1.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	280862Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FWB300s 2.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	280863Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FWB300s 3.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	280864

Boolit Master
    30 miles South of Cheyenne, unfortunately
    I own several pellet rifles but NONE, is more fun and satisfying to shoot than my 300S.
    When it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.... and brother, it's STARTING TO RAIN!!

My 300S was the most frustrating gun I have ever shot. If I missed,,, I could not blame the gun,,, EVER.

Mine would put H&N Match pellets thru the same hole for as long as you could stand to sit there and shoot it.

The pic shows and Ace of Clubs with 10 shots thru the same hole. I shot this target after work one day sitting on the floor shooting over a Wooden Stool for a rest.

I lived alone at the time and had a 10 meter range set up shooting From my bedroom door, down the hallway and across the Living Room.

I had a Bicycle Handlebar Light Mount that clipped to the door jam and it held a 8X Zeiss Monocular as my spotting scope. Still have the mount but the Mono was stolen.

It was a nice setup and I wish I had it back. I traded the gun to my Dentist for a Gold Crown. I wish I had that back too. They are not cheap now.

Randy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100464024.jpg  
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master
    I have shot mine offhand only so far and since the overhaul I can do 10 shots in a 3 inch circle. Being that it is all steel it wears me out easily, similar to my Pennsylvania 50 caliber long rifle. No big cloud of smoke or bang though!
    John

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hoodat View Post
    What the heck is a "phone book". jd
    Its a downloadable digital catalog of all the fine new cell phones available today.
    In ancient times they carved names and phone numbers on stone slabs. these made much better pellet stoppers.

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.

Got my vintage Feinwerkbau 300s finished

Quote Originally Posted by Multigunner View Post
    Its a downloadable digital catalog of all the fine new cell phones available today.
    In ancient times they carved names and phone numbers on stone slabs. these made much better pellet stoppers.

I remember the rotary phone from “Ma Bell “ on the party line!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy

Nice air rifle
    Jim