WidenersTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRepackbox
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New puppy coming home soon!!!

Thanks again everyone!!! Can't wait to finally get him and wake up to him chewing on everything!!! lol

Banned
    Kudos on the new pup. Reminds me of when I sold sporting goods in the mid 80s. We had VHS tapes for rent on various hunting and fishing topics. We got a laugh out of the one on training retrievers. It stressed the importance of the basic fetching instinct in the new pup. It concluded with "If your new puppy is not playing fetch by 6 or 8 weeks, . . . You may have bought a pet."

Good luck with your training.

Boolit Master

Im jealous, cant have a hound where I live now but plan on getting own place and get another Grey.
    10-x

NRA Endowment
    H.R.M.S.
    N.F.A.C.
    RVN Veteran
    VFW
    "The short memories of the American voters is what keeps our politicians in office"------Will Rogers

Thanks guys !!! and 10x i hope you are able to have a new pup soon !!!
    Ok so now for the update!!!! I found out today which pup is mine . I told everyone his name would definitely be Quigley !!! Well with Deutsch Drahthaar puppies they have to be named and paper work sent in to Germany when they are born , because they have to have paper work back and ears tattooed with the registration number before they can leave that kennel. Not a big deal , you can still name them what you want , but i liked the papered name so much that I'm keeping it !!! So i introduce my new pup "Apachie " !!!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210408-103507_Messages.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	281020Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Resized_20210408_130350.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	281021Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210407_210151.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	281022

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Definitely trouble on four paws, enjoy

Boolit Master

Looks like he will be a smart one. About 60 years ago an old black man that worked on our farm told me you can always tell a smart dog if there is a pointed “ lump” on his head. Every dog Ive had since with a lump has been smart. Anyone else heard of this?
    10-x

NRA Endowment
    H.R.M.S.
    N.F.A.C.
    RVN Veteran
    VFW
    "The short memories of the American voters is what keeps our politicians in office"------Will Rogers

Boolit Buddy

Great dogs! Enjoy him for many years. They are great companions. Mine is with me 24 / 7.
    SEMPER FI remember you only have the "RIGHTS" you are willing to fight for & except for ending slavery, fascism, nazism, and communism, WAR has never solved anything!

Vegas Vince / NRA Benefactor / USMC

Boolit Buddy
    Congratulations!

Thanks Everyone!!! He will definitely be going with me everywhere, well except work and if i could he would go there also !! Lol
    10x i can neither confirm or dismiss the lump theory ? But i can say all my good smart dogs has had one , but i never noticed if a not so bright dog has had a lump lol .......

Apache is growing fast !!! Just 2 1/2 more weeks and i can pick him up !!!.......... sounds like forever lolClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210415-230104_Gallery.jpg 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	281436

Banned

cute pup. our last choc lab had blue eyes when it was a pup too.

Thanks !!!!
    Yeah , puppys eyes are blue when born . I just got new pictures today and Apache's eyes are starting to finally turn that golden/yellowish color !!! Man hes growing quick !!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210417-161644_Gallery.jpg 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	281466Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210417-161619_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	281467Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210417-161527_Gallery.jpg 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	281468

Fine looking pup. Am sure you two are going to have some great adventures. My hunting partner(euro Dobe) is sleeping at my feet right now. Grab a rifle or a bow,and she starts bouncing straight up N down doing the classic,happy dance. Nothing better than a hunting dog!

Boolit Buddy
    I love all the various Wirehaired pointers and have hunted over many. All are friendly companionable dogs and most are birdy as can be. A Wirehaired Pointing Griffon is sitting next to me in the truck as I write this, his name is Elo and he is the best pal I could ever ask for.

Eric
    Last edited by ericp; 04-18-2021 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shopdog View Post
    Fine looking pup. Am sure you two are going to have some great adventures. My hunting partner(euro Dobe) is sleeping at my feet right now. Grab a rifle or a bow,and she starts bouncing straight up N down doing the classic,happy dance. Nothing better than a hunting dog!
    Thanks !!!
    For sure , a good trained dog makes a great hunting buddy !!! They never grip , always just want to hunt and love every single minute of it !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ericp View Post
    I love all the various Wirehaired pointers and have hunted over many. All are friendly companionable dogs and most are birdy as can be. A Wirehaired Pointing Griffon is sitting next to me in the truck as I write this, his name is Elo and he is the best pal I could ever ask for.

Eric
    I do too , my good friend has a Griff .... Auggie is his name and i love that dog to pieces!!!! He has such character and extremely hunt driven . They are definitely more of a bonding type dog and thrive off of affection. I was on a puppy waiting list for a serval months for a Griff, but then it fell through. The same night that happen i found this puppy, and everything has fell into place like it was meant to be all the way to being named already . I just new his name would be Quigley, but then found out his papered name was Apache? I ended up liking it better , i have a passion for hunting with longbows/flint knapping , also part Native American and he is a Hunter/tracker....... so it just seemed like the perfect name already Ha!ha
    This is Auggie , everyday he brings my friends boots to him to go hunting...... or if his wife is in one of them moods , he will go get his boots so they can go out walking lol..... now that's a buddy ha!ha
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1971.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	281517
    Last edited by FarNorth45; 04-19-2021 at 01:04 AM.

Just a update : Little Apache has made it here to his forever home !!!! He is the cutest, sweetest puppy that you have ever met........ when he is sleeping!!!! When he is awake he is a demon spawn straight from the gates of hell and goes full raptor mode ha!ha . He has no fear , no quit and nothing is safe when he is awake !!! But i love him to pieces and he is probably the most intelligent pup i have ever owned !!! We have to go on Several hikes a day through the woods , or he gets bored!!! Today he did some tracking training with weeners , and got into some grouse in the woods . Grouse feathers stuck all over his nose ha!haClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Resized_20210504_071209.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	103.6 KB 
ID:	282451Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Resized_20210502_212145.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	282452Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210504-131722_Facebook.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	282453

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    LOL yeah. I've been known to sidle up to parents and stage whisper to them, "You know you're outnumbered, right?" Man have I gotten some interesting responses, from wan smiles to sad head shakes...

Best one, I think, was the grandpa who grinned and said "I know, but I'm getting him a banana split and a chocolate shake, then taking him home to his parents." It was sorta an evil grin, too. Have to love critters, despite the carnage... (Or kidlets.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12