Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionLoad DataRepackbox
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New puppy coming home soon!!!

New puppy coming home soon!!!

I'm so anxious!!!! One of these little heathens will be coming home with me in about 4 more weeks . They are Duetsch Drahthaar's . The owner will be picking the puppies to be placed where he feels they best fit in !! Mine will be a male puppy
    I used to train/run labs in Ukc/Akc test . After my last lab pasted away i lost heart , quit training and quit hunting dogs !! But i've been missing it something terrible the last year or 2 ....... it's time to fill that empty spot so i bought a versatile gun dog this time !! Looking forward to training /running test in pointing , retrieving, tracking/blood trailing ..... most of all ready to spend some time with a true all around hunting buddy who is always ready to go !!!
    OH YEAH !!! HIS NAME ??? .....QUIGLEY !!!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210324-213556_Samsung Internet.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	280841 this is the Sire , also a great Mountain Lion/Coyote hunter

Name:	dieno3(1).jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	280842Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Resized_20210328_215422.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	280843Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Resized_20210401_202617(1).jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	280844Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Resized_20210401_182621(1).jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	280845Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Resized_20210331_134716.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	280846Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Resized_20210331_134710(1).jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	83.1 KB 
ID:	280847

Boolit Buddy
    Awesome! A friend, many years ago had several Drahtaahrs and loved them. He mainly hunted pheasants and quail. I would love to have a dog after many years of working too hard and not having time to train one properly. I considered this breed and the Small Munsterlander. Love their disposition.

Thanks , yes training is a lot of work ..... very time consuming and these dogs are work alcoholics !!! The Munsterlanders are very nice dogs also ! I will be hunting a lot of ducks / grouse and rabbits with him . I also do a lot of longbow hunting for bears and such so it will be awesome to have a dog that can do it all . Through all my hunts , bears with longbows spot/ stalk and etc ..... the ones that stick out are the ones spent with a dog, Family and friends !!!!

I know the feeling regarding losing a really good 4 footed hunting buddy. I haven't been the same regarding it since.

I wish you nothing but good times with your new buddy.

Why is the keyboard getting blurry?

Boolit Grand Master

Good looking dogs. Look like long haired GSP.

Here my dog Kota. She’s full of energy and loves the kids. She’s 10 months old. Had to staple her shoulder up this week where she caught it on a fence. Didn’t slow her down.
    Here she is resting after chasing the kids around a few hours today

Name:	265BD88D-6749-4700-A57B-93B1B0E0A0D7.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	131.3 KB 
ID:	280849

Quote Originally Posted by BJK View Post
    I know the feeling regarding losing a really good 4 footed hunting buddy. I haven't been the same regarding it since.

I wish you nothing but good times with your new buddy.

Why is the keyboard getting blurry?
    Thanks !!!
    I know loosing them is so tough , they are family !!! But i shared so many good memories , me and my oldest son had so many good hunts all together!!! My youngest was to young to actually shoot ducks so he would go with me and pop out of the blind with a toy gun lol ...... after i had to put my lab to rest i was selfish for many years and now that my son is 14 and never experienced this ? I should be monkey stomped !!!! You spend so much time with them that it gets hard to let go .... but now i realize the consequences of not looking back and just enjoying the time we had ..... and not letting my youngest experience that ! My youngest is excited now and its time to correct my mistake !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by osteodoc08 View Post
    Good looking dogs. Look like long haired GSP.

Here my dog Kota. She’s full of energy and loves the kids. She’s 10 months old. Had to staple her shoulder up this week where she caught it on a fence. Didn’t slow her down.
    Here she is resting after chasing the kids around a few hours today

Name:	265BD88D-6749-4700-A57B-93B1B0E0A0D7.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	131.3 KB 
ID:	280849
    Thanks and she's a good looking pup !!!!
    Yes a Duetsch Drahthaar is a Pure Bred German Wirehaired......... they are not German Wirehaired Pointers . They are still heavily tested and strictly regulated breeding program through Germany. After world war 2 they got brought over from Germany, people did not want to abide by the rules for breeding them . The Akc acknowledge the breed and as you know there are no strict guidelines in Akc and now they are not the same as the Original Duetsch Drahthaar's (German Wirehaire) ...... I'm in no way Bashing any breed , or a German Wirehaired Pointer but that is the difference between the 2 breeds .

Kota will be bringing you and your family lots of joy for years to come !!!! Will you be hunting her ?
    Last edited by FarNorth45; 04-05-2021 at 12:21 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    Awesome. Enjoy your new pet!

Thanks Bull-Moose !!!

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Congrats on the new "baby"! Beautiful pups - not familiar with the breed so found it all interesting! Beautiful dogs and those puppies sure are cuties. Good luck to you - has to be hard to wait but it will be worth it and so much fun taking in a new family member. Please post and let us know when he arrives . . and pictures please!

Way cool.

Puppies work real hard to train you. So try not to be 'difficult'.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master

congrats to you
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Master
    A bunch of European breeds (especially Germany) require a breed to be able to do what it's bred to do BEFORE it can go in the show ring. AKC only cares about looks and movement (structure). Few owners that show care about field or working trials and the working/hunting crowd could care less about the show ring.

Thanks Everyone!!!! I will keep it updated and hopefully before long i will at least know which one is going to be Quigley!!!!
    There is Definitely good dogs in Akc , but even with running labs you have to be very picky and do some back tracing on ancestors if you want a good hunting buddy and not just a good house pet !!!!
    Winger Ed , yeah it's funny as we get older a lot of us get softer ...... i know i have mellowed out at ton from when i was younger . Now I'm excited to get a pup , develop that bond and do a better job than i used to . There are better ways to do things than the way i used to do them !
    Jsizemore ...... you nailed it !!! That's exactly the way it is !!! Golden Retrievers fall in that realm big time , I've had /trained some that was awesome but tried to train a beautiful champion show Golden Retriever for a lady and hunting just wasn't in his genetics anymore !!!

Banned

those are some cute pups!!!

Boolit Master

Nice looking breed.

Boolit Master

Is this the same as a Wirehaired Pointing Griffon?

Boolit Buddy
    Quigley? What's wrong with John Wayne?

Glad you're getting a dog, you guys will be fast friends. Mine is snoring beside me right now.
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!

Quote Originally Posted by wv109323 View Post
    Is this the same as a Wirehaired Pointing Griffon?
    They have Griff in the blood line , they are not totally different..... Just a little more aggressive hunter and a higher drive for hunting . Wpg's (wirehaired pionting Griffon) is a great dog , my best friend has one and he is awesome!! I was on a list for one but the breeding didn't take supposedly. So i ended up going with a Drahthaar, Drahthaars was bred in Germany back in the early 1900's , they took several different breeds like Wpg's , short hairs and several others to make a ultimate versatile hunting dog and the End result is the Duetsch Drahthaar. They will hunt anything you desire lol

Quote Originally Posted by John Wayne View Post
    Quigley? What's wrong with John Wayne?

Glad you're getting a dog, you guys will be fast friends. Mine is snoring beside me right now.
    Absolutely nothing !!! Lol ........ but he didn't have a goatee!!! Ha! Ha
    They are great aren't they , always just happy and wanting to be a friend !!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast