Inline FabricationLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingRepackboxLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Wideners Snyders Jerky

Thread: I traded into a new .45LC Rossi 92 this weekend.

Boolit Master

I traded into a new .45LC Rossi 92 this weekend.

A local gunshop had this new 20" Rossi 92 that they had for several months, with no lookers. I had traded into a new in the box AR, unfired, that I had about $450 in actually money in. I asked the owner if he would be interested in a trade of some kind. He said sure bring it in. I did and he asked what I was interested in, I pointed to the .45 and voiced that he had had it for over 6 months. He offered me a even trade, but I asked $150, due to a fella drooling over the AR before we had traded. We settled on $100 coming to me, and I beat it out the door. This rossi, like me other 2 .44 mags I had posted about on here, has high polish and bluing, nice walnut wood, Brazilian Walnut or Ipe I think it is called. I shot it across sand bags at my 120 yd 5" clanger, and only had to move the rear sight elevator one notch, the next 4 hit it dead on, about 2.5" group, using 255 gr Cowboy loads, factory. Then I switched to some Federal 225 gr JHPs and they hit about 2" high, so all I had to do was use a 6 o clock hold and knock the paint off of the center of the clanger. About the same size group. It works slick, functions a little tight, but not rough, as a new rifle should be expected to be. I have hear a lot of horror stories about Rossi 92's on this and other forums, but I must be lucky because I have not one issue with either of these 3 recent trades. Thought I would share.

Sounds like a good deal to me. I also recently traded into a Rossi R92 in 45LC in a 16" carbine length with big loop lever. Very fun to shoot and I look forward to making some loads for it soon.

Chris

Banner Sponsor

I have the 24" SS octagon barrel version in 45 Colt and really like it. It shoots 270s pretty good. I do wish that it had a much faster twist so I could shoot 350s...

Boolit Master
    I was at the LGS today, an found a box of 300gr HP Hornadys, and a box of 200 gr FTX;s to try. Those 300's would be bad medicine if they will shoot well in the rifle.

Congratulations, I wish I still had my Rossi
    Aim Small, Miss Small.

Boolit Buddy
    I like John Linebaughs load , 8.0 grs of HP38 , W231 using a 255 gr cast bullet . It's very accurate , has plenty of power and yet not heavy recoil . It's the only load my BIL will use in his Uberti SAA colt clone and his Rossi 92 rifle , both in 45 Colt . Regards Paul

Boolit Master
    Only issue with my Rossi '92 is that the hammer does not always cock when the action is worked.

Boolit Master

Good trade........
    JMHO-YMMV
    dd884
    gary@2texastrucks.com
    Gary D. Peek