MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationRepackboxWideners
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I am about to throw a fit!!! 🤬

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gifbohane View Post
    In my opinion the Lee Crimp die just squeezes the whole kit and kaboodle together and masks a mistake in your processes.

I would just find my mistake and correct it. my 2 cents
    If it masks it to the point of working well.
    What is the problem with that ?

Boolit Grand Master
    I will be the strange guy who disagrees with making ammunition that fits my pistol. I have very few pistol calibers I load for, but a lot of pistols. “Worst” is the .38 Spl. It needs to run in four revolvers...total of 20 chambers, and three lever action rifles.

I insist on loads that will run in every gun. 9mm is the next “worst”. 5 guns it must function in.

If/when the SHTF, I want confidence my ammunition will ALWAYS function in my guns. If I need to supply ammunition to my neighbors during an emergency, I want a high probability it will function as well as factory ammunition.
    Don Verna

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    I will be the strange guy who disagrees with making ammunition that fits my pistol. I have very few pistol calibers I load for, but a lot of pistols. “Worst” is the .38 Spl. It needs to run in four revolvers...total of 20 chambers, and three lever action rifles.

I insist on loads that will run in every gun. 9mm is the next “worst”. 5 guns it must function in.

If/when the SHTF, I want confidence my ammunition will ALWAYS function in my guns. If I need to supply ammunition to my neighbors during an emergency, I want a high probability it will function as well as factory ammunition.
    This is what I always do, chamber an average of 1out of every 10 loaded rounds in all guns Chambered for that round. I check the first rounds to confirm they are good, then when done I randomly gather 10 to 20 rounds to confirm they chamber. The last thing I want is to rely on a gun that will not work when I need it.
    Benefactor Member of NRA

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by GregLaROCHE View Post
    I was just wondering if you tried an empty, resized case, before you belled it, in the chamber? Did it fit?
    I was thinking along the same lines, only trying a resized case in the gauge.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

I find the Dillon or Lyman Taper Crimp die works as well or better than any other taper crimp die. They are designed to be used as a final step after seating the bullet.

Some brands put a roll crimp ring in their semi-auto cartridge seating dies and simply instruct the user to tighten it down just enough to create a taper crimp, but not enough to cause roll crimp.

In the 10mm: brass thickness, bullet diameter, and bullet length are generally part of the chamber check gage conundrum.

Measure your brass just at the base of the bullet and ensure that it has not swelled. If it is, try a lighter shorter bullet.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123