RepackboxInline FabricationSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Load Data

Thread: Grafs has real black in stock

Grafs has real black in stock

Looks like all flavors of Goex, Olde Eynesford, and Graf's private label. I would not dawdle if you are in need.

https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog...ategoryId/3501
    When you care enough to send the very best, send an ounce of lead.

Boolit Master
    Just yesterday they had none.

Boolit Master
    Just look says it there

"...and Graf's private label."

Graf's private label BP is now made by GOEX; says so if you peel off the label on the plastic containers. (It used to be made by Wano.) I've experienced no problems with the new stuff...thought you'd want to know this.

Boolit Master

Enablers , and here I was on the 12 step program where I was going to practice restraint , now it is all shot to heck , had to grab some 3f to go along with 2f and as I am going down that black powder cartridge road it burns a bit of powder .

Threw in some $3 and change a pop brass to .

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I recently got a case of the Graf house brand. It still had the Schutzen manufacturer label on it, so it must have changed. I found it is actually cleaner than the Schutzen, not as many fines in it. Very little barrel fouling. It shoots pretty much a one hole group from the bench at fifty yards, if I can hold it good.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Quote Originally Posted by FLINTNFIRE View Post
    Enablers , and here I was on the 12 step program where I was going to practice restraint , now it is all shot to heck , had to grab some 3f to go along with 2f and as I am going down that black powder cartridge road it burns a bit of powder .

Threw in some $3 and change a pop brass to .
    Heh. "Crack? Crack? Pcp? Get you high..."

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by brewer12345 View Post
    Well if you lay off the pipe you can buy some powder before it is out of stock again.

Quote Originally Posted by FLINTNFIRE View Post
    Well if you lay off the pipe you can buy some powder before it is out of stock again.
    Nah, that is my dealer patter.

Well I ordered a few pounds and it was shipped out yesterday. "Do I feel lucky"?
    Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.

Yup, scooped 12lbs and just got notification from Track of the Wolf that .530 RB is back in stock, ain't swaged Hornady stuff but the price is good and you can never have enough.....

Edit - I see the $11.50 price tag is for 50 and ground shipping was a little steep.
    Last edited by Dak47; 04-07-2021 at 06:11 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dak47 View Post
    Yup, scooped 12lbs and just got notification from Track of the Wolf that .530 RB is back in stock, ain't swaged Hornady stuff but the price is good and you can never have enough.....

Edit - I see the $11.50 price tag is for 50 and ground shipping was a little steep.
    I would highly recommend casting yer own, and not buying. It's too easy, lots cheaper, and yer all the more self sufficient.

Boolit Master
    seated with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Eph 2:6)
    4 lb min order... jumped on it!
    "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." -John Adams 2nd POTUS

Placed my order on the Sunday afternoon on the 4th, label made on the 7th and shipped on the 8th. Pretty good in this day and age.......

Quote Originally Posted by rfd View Post
    I would highly recommend casting yer own, and not buying. It's too easy, lots cheaper, and yer all the more self sufficient.
    Absolutely, just getting things set up, organized and humming and hawing over equipment as I need to keep things tidy and compact but still have decent production capability.

Boolit Master
    Placed my order yesterday for 10 pounds of Old E. That should be enough for a couple of years. All I need now is large pistol primers.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Froogal View Post
    Placed my order yesterday for 10 pounds of Old E. That should be enough for a couple of years. All I need now is large pistol primers.
    The primers may take a couple years to get at this rate! I just snagged some #11 caps and that was a chore and a half.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by brewer12345 View Post
    Well you dribble a few grains in a pan. Cover the pan, hold the pipe up next to your face, pull the trigger and a little rock ignites those grains giving off a puff of smoke, which you inhale....

Boolit Master
    I am guessing that maybe the black powder manufacturers have caught up? Graf's seem to have a good supply as well as Powder Valley.

Boolit Master
    I have been shooting the Graf brand black powder for years. No problems in caplock, flintlock, or cartridges. It's more accurate than I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Tar Heel View Post
    I have been shooting the Graf brand black powder for years. No problems in caplock, flintlock, or cartridges. It's more accurate than I am.
    Same here. It's all I ever use. I've never seen the need to buy the more expensive brands, as it does all I ask of it.