WidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRepackboxLee Precision
Inline Fabrication
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Crushed Fingernail? Harbor Freight To The Rescue

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    I do electronics so I use a pin vise to spin the bit and usually a carbide 20 mil or so diameter bit, I don't get many crush injuries but have had staph or the like under a fingernail a few times; Same sense of relief but it's not blood coming out. Raising an injured finger above heart level can reduce the dreaded "Oww I heel my heartbeat in that finger, in a BAD way!" symptom. And with a pin vise you're drilling pretty slow so chance of overpenetration is reduced.

Boolit Master
    Decided to hit my finger with a hammer at work a few months ago .Used a Dremel tool with a small bit to drill a hole wow that feels good when the blood goes flying.

Sometime around 1981 I managed to get the butt cut of a chunk of firewood on my left thumb. Lord have mercy! After a couple days of coping with it, something had to give. I'd had several tell me the various ways (all listed above) to get some relief. I wasn't up for heating up a needle and jabbing it through, but had heard of drilling it. That thing was throbbing with every heart beat and some kind of hurtin'. I finally headed down to the shop/barn and got out a Black & Decker hand drill. I found the absolute smallest drill bit I had and got after it, gently of course. When the drill finally 'hit oil' I stopped. Whew! Finally some relief. Of course the entire turned black before it was over. Over the next several weeks, the nail came off in small pieces. I sure wasn't going to force it. Then one evening sitting in church, what remained of the nail came off. I wasn't sure at the time if I was going to lose it forever or what. Thankfully, it grew back normal. I feel for the human it happens to. Of course, I could have went to a doctor and gotten it done proper. But what self respecting 27 year old country did that back then? What was I thinking? Heaven forbid it ever happens to me again, but I won't hesitate to take it up with the nearest nurse practitioner or whatever.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Master
    I use a pin vise with the drill barely sticking out.
    I spin it by hand and move the drill out a little bit at a time in the pin vise until it just breaks thru.
    Ah...relief
    just sayin'
    Size/Prime a few cases when starting off with a progressive and put them aside. You can plug them back into the process when a bad/odd case screws up in the priming station and continue loading.

Or you can hit it again with a hammer......

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    Or you can hit it again with a hammer......

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
    Did that while putting a metal roof on my house. Do you have any idea what kind of distance you can get throwing a 16 oz. blue handle Estwing from the top of a house, down hill.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Probably not far enough for complete satisfaction, but pretty far

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123