Reloading EverythingWidenersRepackboxLee Precision
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Load Data MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: North Carolina members

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    used to go home for weekends with a buddy from Comfort NC. I loved the area. It was so much like the UP of michigan where I was from. Very rural and even the hills and trees looked the same. Only difference was that it was MUCH hotter there. Same slow moving pace though.
    I found the UP and Wisconsin almost exactly weather wise just like VT. Just not as hilly. Great people there and of all the places in the U.S. I've been I felt the most comfortable
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Banned

ya jonp its pretty laid back up here but we have to put up with the liberal politics of the mich goverment that doesnt give a rip about white people up north. That and its cold and lots of snow in the winter and we like most other places are being ivaded by the liberals from the citys. Property prices have about doubled in the last 5 years. I think for the most part the same can be said about any place in america these days. Bottom line is this whole country has changed for the worse and that change is in over drive right now. Live in the south and you think northern liberals are invading. Live in the north and its the southern liberals that are invading. Bottom line is theres liberals everywhere today and if you live in south you see them coming from the north and if your living in the northern parts the only way you see them come is from the south. Just a matter of fact. The real fact is there already there. Look at even the red states and youll see that 40 percent or more of the voters are democrat. There right there in your town and have been. I get real angry about the tourists from the south that come up here tear things up and leave there trash and think its some kind of park they own and can do with as they please. But i know its not the good people from the south. Trash is everywhere and im not talking the kind made from paper. I appologize for the idiots from the north that do the same in your town or state. But dont think there the typical people from up here either. There our cancer and cancer spreads
    Last edited by Lloyd Smale; 04-04-2021 at 04:53 AM.

You mentioned a shop, probably preaching to the choir and all. Check zoning laws very, very carefully. They can change from county to county (at least here in FLA), and classifications can have quite a lot of fine print in them. My shop is 1960 square feet- odd size right? Wired for 3 phase and has AC. Being in the county I'm in AND the zoning classification there was a clause that stated that all buildings UNDER 2000 square feet are classified as "outbuildings" and shall not be assessed for taxable value for property taxes. Were I across the street (literally) my taxes would be catastrophic. Another .02, when I'm out playing on motorcycles, the area that NC and GA meet is just lovely- I just play there, don't live there, so don't know the economic or political situation- but the people are nice and it still feels nicely rural to me, kind of a haul to the beach tho...
    The essence of education is self reliance- T.H. White.

Currently seeking wood carving tools, wood planes, froes, scorps, spokeshaves... etc....

Boolit Buddy
    Well, here in Ohio, land is cheap and flat. It's boring and nothing happens here but it the place I call home. Occasionally there are tornadoes but nothing big. The big cities are rubbish like any other state but it's mostly rural here. Get in the bottom 2/3 to avoid too much snow. Buy a subaru just in case! A car that acts like a 4x4. Welcome to Ohio 😜

Stay out of the flood plains.

Boolit Master

Visiting SC right now it’s very nice!

Boolit Master

NC does have Camp Butner . One place that has a few 1000 yard matches. And electric pits !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12