RepackboxReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Load Data Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My second bad optic.

Boolit Master
    I have two 50+ year old steel tube El Paso Weavers that have never failed after many hundreds of shots on a .243 (K6) and .308 (K4) I don't change them very often, but adjustments are still spot on. The optics aren't up to newer scopes, but still good enough for my use.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    With the Venom sighted to POA, the factory sights matched where the red dot was. Fire a couple of shots, then look through the factory sights and the red dot from the Venom is now a foot away compared to factory sights.
    Gotcha - I hadn't watched the video but from what you describe, it's busted.

Fortunately Vortex is good about taking care of their customers - I had a broken Sparc II replaced by them about a year ago.
    My Iraq Pics

Preferred Travel Agent - 72 Virgins Dating Club

Boolit Buddy
    Having done more than a few physical to digital inventory setups. I noted the discrepancy between wholesale cost versus the retail price. When question as to why, the seller's response was that the higher prices gave the consumer a 'warm fuzzy' even though the product was not 'higher quality'. Marketing does win over common sense! My Realist scope has not failed after some 40 plus years.
    West of Beaver Dick's Ferry.

Boolit Master

I've never been a connoisseur of optics. I wear glasses and am legally blind without them, so anything that lets light through and is clear is good enough for me.

But last week when shooting my two .22 rifles side by side to determine which was the most accurate, I actually noticed a difference.

The Uberti had a Simmons "44 Magnum" 4x12x44 scope that I bought in 1998. I had mounted it on my first AR for coyotes. The Ruger 10/22 had a 3x9x40 Bushnell Banner that is a year or so old.

The Uberti turned out to be slightly more accurate, but the Bushnell scope was starkly superior in clarity to the Simmons. Even though the Simmons was a 4x12 and the Bushnell was a 3x9, I could see things easier at 100 yards with the Bushnell.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12