WidenersInline FabricationLee PrecisionLoad Data
RotoMetals2RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky

Thread: youtube video Hog Ball 12ga double ball load

Boolit Master

Post youtube video Hog Ball 12ga double ball load

Dad sent this to me not long ago, one of many on the web and youtube. I know there is a post about this very thing recently, but not wanting to take over the post I thought I would just create a new one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r56sQYTGffM

I know their farthest shot in the video is only 50 yards, but it is a nice short video, and I liked it.

Hope you enjoy, and God Bless.

Richard
    Yes I can be long winded. Yes I follow rabbit trails. Yes I admit when I am wrong. Your mileage may vary.

Keep your powder dry. Watch yer Top knot.

"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!"

Yes there were "Short" 45 Colts! http://www.leverguns.com/articles/taylor/45_short_colt.htm

Boolit Buddy
    That was fun! Should do the job on hawgs. Sure is flat country in the video.
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!

Boolit Grand Master

Yes good video! Not a lot of spread balls.

I wonder if it is easier to keep tighter patterns with two ball than Tri-Ball.

I tried some two ball loads about a year ago and they shot not bad but I had wad failures using CSD wads.

I'll have to get some of the wads James Gates recommended for Tri-Ball loads.

I'd think two ball or Tri-Ball loads would be effective bear stoppers which is one of my goals.

As effective or more effective than a full bore ball or slug?

Longbow

Boolit Master
    I have some Herter's factory loaded 2-ball 20 gauge I picked up back when and just never got to test. I had intended back then to test them on deer, but things happened.

I like that the guys in the video are pretty upbeat about everything. Some shooting and custom load videos either get stupid, or a little dark; and these guys were just responsible and up.

God Bless

GoodOlBoy
    Yes I can be long winded. Yes I follow rabbit trails. Yes I admit when I am wrong. Your mileage may vary.

Keep your powder dry. Watch yer Top knot.

"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!"

Yes there were "Short" 45 Colts! http://www.leverguns.com/articles/taylor/45_short_colt.htm

Boolit Grand Master

That was a good load ! 12 gauge payload from a 20 and very accurate.
    Two years ago the load would have been published. Velocity included.
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodOlBoy View Post
    I have some Herter's factory loaded 2-ball 20 gauge I picked up back when and just never got to test. I had intended back then to test them on deer, but things happened.

I like that the guys in the video are pretty upbeat about everything. Some shooting and custom load videos either get stupid, or a little dark; and these guys were just responsible and up.

God Bless

GoodOlBoy
    I have those loads by herter’s. The problem with them is that the wad isn’t slit so the balls tumbled in the wad during flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk