Lee PrecisionRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2WidenersSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Load Data

Thread: verguiero 8x57 parts wanted

verguiero 8x57 parts wanted

hi gentlemen
    not sure if this is the right place to ask so mods please remove if not applicable.
    i have a beautiful verguiero 1904/39 in 8x57 and stupidly i lost the front sight protector.
    i fitted a pistol scope to it just to see how accurate it could be and you have to remove the sight protector etc.
    well i replaced it on but didnt screw in place as i wasnt going to keep the scope on for long and it looked tight enough for a session.
    well under recoil it must have worked loose and fallen off whilst i was walking down range to zero as it was all over the place.
    i know the area it fell off but its long grass and hard to find as it may be trodden it to the ground by now and i dont know anyone with a metal detector.
    i know some sites in the usa have then for sale but will not ship to the uk as i have asked, i have the same issue with some australian shops too.
    does any one on this site know of a shop that have one and willing to ship overseas?
    rifle is converted back and shoots point of aim at 110 yds with a 3 inch group with my mk1 eyeball
    many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gato View Post
    i emailed them ......sure i asked before bur worth trying again lol
    many many thanks
    happy safe shooting

I hope you are able to find the part. I am a big Mauser-Verguiero fan. Excellent shooters.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210212_151151502_HDR.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	280604
    Last edited by El Gato; 03-31-2021 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Added picture

Boolit Master
    Maybe too late to suggest this, but get one of the magnets on a stick. Lowe's sells them. Looks like a circular magnet on a stick. Or, Harbor freight sells a magnet that will pick up 150 pounds. Tie it on a piece of rope and drag it in the area where you lost it. Frank

Quote Originally Posted by samari46 View Post
    Maybe too late to suggest this, but get one of the magnets on a stick. Lowe's sells them. Looks like a circular magnet on a stick. Or, Harbor freight sells a magnet that will pick up 150 pounds. Tie it on a piece of rope and drag it in the area where you lost it. Frank
    not a bad idea.......

Boolit Master
    You can hire a metal detector from a hire place .........I used a borrowd one to look for some keys,and the number of hits on things like rusted pins and book staples drove me mad .......never had any success with a magnet,but a big one would likely find it ....but how big?........if possible ,can you burn off the grass?

Quote Originally Posted by john.k View Post
    You can hire a metal detector from a hire place .........I used a borrowd one to look for some keys,and the number of hits on things like rusted pins and book staples drove me mad .......never had any success with a magnet,but a big one would likely find it ....but how big?........if possible ,can you burn off the grass?

the area is 100 yds long and 20 yds wide
    cannot burn it as its the gun club property lol
    will see if i can hire a detector

Boolit Master
    If its a gun club range ,I would think it will be littered with steel 22 rf cases ,as is the local range....in fact here gravel is not needed ,the layer of 22 cases is so thick......So dont think either a metal dtector or a magnet will work.

Walk the area barefooted- you'll find it.....
    El Gato- what a collection! What is the rifle between the Siamese and Portuguese rifles?

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by john.k View Post
    If its a gun club range ,I would think it will be littered with steel 22 rf cases ,as is the local range....in fact here gravel is not needed ,the layer of 22 cases is so thick......So dont think either a metal dtector or a magnet will work.
    we only shoot from one firing point which is behind the grass etc.....occasionally we might fire a few rounds at 10 and 25 yards from the targets for zeroing in after bore scopin

Texas,

It is a strange Mexican Carbine, FN, CZ Mexican 1910...who knows!

It looks like it was converted to a drill carbine. The firing pin was snipped. The stock is wrong, the front band is wrong.
    A friend of mine gave it to me as he noted that as I Mexican I should have the gun of my people! It is the only one that doesn't shoot.