Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
RotoMetals2RepackboxReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Load Data Lee Precision
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best brass case polish?

Boolit Grand Master

Meguiar’s Cleaner Wax. Mostly because that was the liquid car wax I had on the shelf.

I also use a couple tablespoons of mineral spirits on occasion to clean off the Imperial when forming cases.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Iron chip 00
    "When the homeland is in danger, everything is allowed, except not to defend it."

Gral. Don José de San Martin.

I wet tumble with pins first and then place the cases in a towel and shake to get excess water off. I then place them in a vibratory tumbler with Lizard Litter and about a teaspoon of Nu-Finish. It dries the brass and puts a thin wax coating on them.
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Boolit Master

Hot water; dash of Wash and Wax; tsp Lemishine. Hour or so in the tumbler. Wash and Wax will leave a noticeable coating and the brass stays shiny for quite a while.

Boolit Bub
    I use any old car wax on hand

Boolit Master

Another fan of NuFinish Car Polish here. I put about 1-1/2 to 2 tablespoons in the media along with a tablespoon or two of mineral spirits and let the tumbler run for 15-20 minutes before adding brass. I replenish the mineral spirits when the odor gets weak and add NuFinish when the brass doesn’t look like I like it.

My concern for shiny, slick brass is that it feeds well in highly tuned competition handguns, especially a 1911 that shoots almost recoil-free loads for steel plate matches.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Man
    I ran across this thread and found it very interesting. I had been using plain walnut hulls for a long time and they did ok but the cases were not as shiny as I liked. I picked up a bottle of Meguiras Mirror Glaze 2, Fine cut cleaner. A squeeze of about a half oz or so in my vibrator and a few hours later the cases were nice and shiny. As a kind of up side to adding this is that the dust normally generated in the vibrating bowel was greatly reduced.
    Sam

On old bottle neck brass, I use Scotchbrite medium in 1 1/2” squares with a keyless chuck cordless drill. You can get nasty brass in pretty good shape with the combination.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123