Lee PrecisionRepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationWidenersTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
RotoMetals2

Thread: lead and brass find

Boolit Mold

lead and brass find

First I hope this is the right place because it has been quite awhile since I posted anything. I used to cast for a couple of stores and had to go from wheel weights to factory alloy, 15 tons in seven years. The cost got to be almost $2.00/lb. I quit because of the cost and health. I am trying to get back into it. I have found a recycling center with 3 tons lead (.25/lb0 and 1500 lbs. brass 1.50/lb). This doesn't seem bad just have to find storage, any ideas? I have some Isotope lead to mix in. Will be fun transporting about 50 miles. F-350 dually 10,000 GVWR.

storage? some place close to where you will cast moving that will be a problem out side under a roof or tarp?

Boolit Grand Master

If I was going after that much I would take a trailer.
    Last edited by lightman; 04-07-2021 at 10:21 PM.

Boolit Bub
    Those prices seem cheap to me, lead at .25 cents and mixed brass at $1.50. You could turn a small profit reselling what you don't want.
    Benefactor Member of NRA

Boolit Master

Storage get a portable garage for 300 bucks. Set up in front yard or back yard.

Boolit Master
    I store tonnage in 55 gallon drums with a clamping lid. Each drum holds a little more than a ton of 2lb muffin ingots The drums were from highway marking paint. Treated landscape poles keep them off the ground and from rusting the bottom. Pole barn type shed sided with damaged 5-V tin from the building supply. Good stuff on top. Open covered area on the end to process scrape rain or shine. Converted a folding table to a 3/4" plywood top to hold enough ingot molds to hold 150lbs in one pour.