Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxInline Fabrication
WidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Lee Precision Load Data
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any Dog Whisperers out there?

The support staff, the Marines, and the Secret Service are all sharp.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatume View Post
    The support staff, the Marines, and the Secret Service are all sharp.
    True, I didn't think about them. I was thinking about the ones that came in with the current administration

Boolit Buddy
    Update, this morning my pup and the Cane Corso were running and playing as usual. Apparently when I am around he gets jealous and feels the need to make sure any other male knows I am his human and his alone.

Boolit Master

Read Cesar’s Way by Cesar Milan the “dog whisperer “. It gives a very good explanation of how we often send incorrect messages to our dogs concerning their order in the “pack “ with behavior that they totally misinterpret. And how to properly establish dominance. I’m a retired Vet . If I had a nickel for every time I heard “he doesn’t normally act like that “ from a Rottie owner I’d be a rich man.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    I've heard some negative things towards Cesar Milan's methods from other dog trainers, haven't looked into them as I'd be talking with these local folks if / when I get a dog.

Could be a good idea to find a good local trainer and show them the dog's behavior first hand and get feedback; "Paws-Abilities" in Fife, WA was where we trained Zeuss, good people, inexpensive classes, and they train YOU to train the dog, that last is rather important! Should be local good trainers by you. Ask local dog rescues and dog groups who they like?

I learned a LOT in their classes, much of it being what I wasn't doing or what I was doing wrong... A smart dog is a different challenge that a less smart dog, also, those can try to run the pack from the bottom, Zeuss was smart as heck and used to being the pack Alpha, it was a learning experience

(I could have a Service Dog but not enough it could do to help given my current situation, maybe once I move. Looking forward to having even a regular mellow furbeast around )

Boolit Master

Cesars focus is on understanding the dog / human relationship and how we unwittingly tell the dog in dog language that he is the top of the heap so to speak. It's a whole lifestyle with the dog. Local trainers can be valuable too, the book explains the relationship so that you understand.

I see that your buddy is now playing and getting a long , great !!! They do get jealous and can be aggressive.
    I trained labs/goldens to hunt and run hunting test , also obedience on other breeds . Every one has their own personality!!! My old lab was the sweetest loving dog to kids and people , awesome hunting dog also !! But when he was 10 months old i was training everyday with another friend (pro Trainer) , he had this customers lab and that dog would constantly run around trying to hump other dogs !!! He made my dog hate other dogs , from that point on he never liked other dogs no matter what i did . He would never start a fight , but if another dog came running up to pester him he would turn away , flare up his neck hair and let out a deep growl ....
    .. if they continued , he nailed them !!! I tried to get him out of it , but he just never liked other dogs after that but he was still fine in our home with other house dogs .... they just knew to leave him alone !!!!! On one hand i couldn't blame him , most of time anymore i feel that way about people lol

Boolit Grand Master
    I tried to whisper to my cat once.
    She didn't like it.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    My cat likes whispers, odd. Try feeding her treats every time you whisper for a while

Boolit Master
    had a red setter german shepard cross ,great with people /cats menace with other dogs .
    just kept him away from other dogs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123