Titan ReloadingPBcastcoRepackboxRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingLoad DataWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision

Thread: KAL-MAX Case Stretching Jig ?

Boolit Mold

KAL-MAX Case Stretching Jig ?

Hi guys, I want to lengthen .303 Brit cases to load some .375EX 2 1/2in & a .405 type cartridge I have a barrel for, it is .400 British right now (straight blown out .303- might be like 40/60 Maynard) & I'm going to lenghten the chamber to .405 Win or close .

Any way I think the KAL-MAX case stretcher is the way to go & them being Canadian they might send to me in New Zealand as the US won't even send us a photo of a firearms now days !

I have sent many emails to the KAL site with no reply then sent emails to C Maxwell the guy inventing/making them all with no reply, can any one say if they are still operating or doing business now days ?

Thank you for any reply's

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss577 View Post
    Hi guys, I want to lengthen .303 Brit cases to load some .375EX 2 1/2in & a .405 type cartridge I have a barrel for, it is .400 British right now (straight blown out .303- might be like 40/60 Maynard) & I'm going to lenghten the chamber to .405 Win or close .

Any way I think the KAL-MAX case stretcher is the way to go & them being Canadian they might send to me in New Zealand as the US won't even send us a photo of a firearms now days !

I have sent many emails to the KAL site with no reply then sent emails to C Maxwell the guy inventing/making them all with no reply, can any one say if they are still operating or doing business now days ?

Thank you for any reply's
    Howdy, I contacted them a bit ago via phone. Their case stretching tool looks incredible!!! I've used some of their other products and will give them rave reviews. Try this email for them.
    kaltool@mts.net

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    He used to post on here. Red River Rick I believe? I've bought mold handles from him before but it's been a while.

Charlie Died a few years ago, and Rick is a little under the weather right now.

Charlie Died a few years ago, and Rick is a little under the weather right now.

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...ell-has-passed

Boolit Mold
    Oh crikey that is terrible, I sent Charlie emails also, makes sense & what I was fearing a little, those were the same emails I had been trying to no avail !

Thank you for the help guys.

So I need to find a second hand one for sale then ?

Rick posted on Shiloh forum that he is back and well.

Is there any alternative to the Kal-Max unit?

I have a backorder w/ Starline that's 18 months old waiting for some 38-55 long brass, and just need 40 or so cases to try out a brand new rifle till and if Starline come through w/ my order. So I am looking for a less expensive alternative. Anyone got an idea or two? Thanks in advance for your input!