Inline FabricationRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Load DataLee PrecisionReloading EverythingWideners
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading

Thread: what is it whithout photo

Boolit Master

what is it whithout photo

a friend was given a box of dupont black powder or so the wooden box said, when he opened it, it contained real dupont black powder but it was in hard compacted rolls with a hole down the centre. the wrapper said dupont black powder #5. it looks like a stick of dynamite until you unwrap it. my guess is it was used before dynamite and the hole was for a blasting cap, any body got any info on what these were for.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Grand Master

No blasting cap needed. If that's what it is the hole is for the fuze
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 03-28-2021 at 09:23 PM.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master
    Ok, next will come the "put a little hair around it" jokes.
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by John Wayne View Post
    Ok, next will come the "put a little hair around it" jokes.
    Changed from fuzz to fuse.........I can spell I just can't type. I kind of liked the fuzz version better......Thanks, I got a good laugh at myself
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Little Giant blasting powder.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master

problem is its not powder, its a round hard tube. its the same hardness as the pucks from my homemade after they come out of the 20 ton press.

the hole is about 3/8 inch. how big was the fuse back then. the stick is about 10 inches long and about 2 inches in diameter.

Boolit Master

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	black powder.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	72.2 KB 
ID:	280380

Boolit Master

they look kind of like that but the paper is red and they are one piece. looks like maybe for a cannon of some sort.

Boolit Grand Master

I have watched a canon fired with this type of fuse. It's possible they used this type with a regular fuse to ensure ignition.

– Amber Veal

- Wayne Dyer