RotoMetals2Load DataTitan ReloadingLee Precision
RepackboxWidenersSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication

Thread: Well, probably wont be on much now.

Well, probably wont be on much now.

I access the forum on my wifes cellphone. Well, long story short, it wont work the forum now. I get a "Cant access the server" type warning. I can access it via moms phone and at a friends house via computer. We dont have internet service at home though, and moms phone has limits on the amount we can use it without charging us extra.

So, Just letting yall know I wont be around as much until something changes for us.

I can still check my email though if anyone wants me for something.

Bazoo

Boolit Grand Master

I get that all the time. Do a restart on the phone and it goes away.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Tried restarting. Its an older phone, and lots of stuff dont work on it.

Moderator Emeritus

Did you try updating it? Verizon used to use *228 and hit 1 first time and update then call back and press 2. Good luck
    Ron

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bazoo View Post
    Time to earn some brownie points. Whisper in her ear that you love her so much you and it just breaks your heart to see her using that old thing!!!!!!!!!
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

The system is in the process of being updated to a more secure system so maybe that is your problem. Here is an explanation link.

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...Working-on-fix
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Master
    It’s planned obsolescence, ran into that with my old phone and iPad, even my TomTom has fallen victim. Over time apps and features stop working. For my old flip phone it was text and sending pix, my iPad would no longer do utube and a couple other apps, the tomtom suddenly forgot how to calculate speed and time to destination. All inquiries led to the same conclusion... time to upgrade.

Even now internet explorer is fading and not connecting forcing you to edge or chrome or something similar.

I hate things like this based on sales and greed over under the guise of product improvement.

The wife’s phone is an iPhone 4. It isn’t supported anymore and won’t update anymore. Further more, the phone company told us that they won’t activate 3G phones anymore but we can keep the service if we have one. Our bill is 30 a month for unlimited use. It would be 50 a month for the same with a newer phone. Lastly, our plan is prepaid and not a contract. We don’t want a contract. Basically, they are forcing us to conform.

There are a lot of things that won’t work on the phone, but Facebook for her and cast forum for me is the things we care about. If it stops Facebook, she’ll be hot to upgrade.

Boolit Master
    Got a 4s from one of the kids that's been left to being just a music player on a clock radio setup at work since the battery went bad. Even the night cleaning crew won't touch it.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by metricmonkeywrench View Post
    It’s planned obsolescence, ran into that with my old phone and iPad, even my TomTom has fallen victim. Over time apps and features stop working. For my old flip phone it was text and sending pix, my iPad would no longer do utube and a couple other apps, the tomtom suddenly forgot how to calculate speed and time to destination. All inquiries led to the same conclusion... time to upgrade.

Even now internet explorer is fading and not connecting forcing you to edge or chrome or something similar.

I hate things like this based on sales and greed over under the guise of product improvement.
    Can you set the phone as a hotspot and connect to it with another web capable device?

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazoo View Post
    make sure you clear the history and offline files in your browser. once those get to a certain size things start going wonky. Had to wipe my neighbor's chromebook to get her cricut going. too many other programs and other stuff that it kept going to the "http 404 can't access" thing. Wiped it and it all started working