Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Wideners
Lee PrecisionRepackboxSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data

Thread: Reloder 10x for 45/70

Boolit Mold

Reloder 10x for 45/70

So with the recent shortage of powders, I began reloading for my 45/70 and was attempting to find a cast boolit load using the “Gould” bullet 330 grain Lyman 457122. My local shop doesn’t have any listed powders in any manual I can find. I did however grab 2lbs of Alliant Reloder 10X, which falls between the burn rate of H322 and N130. Both of these powders have similar published data. That being said would it be safe to use a reduced starting data for either of these powders to develop a load for use for the 330 grain cast in 45/70? I have a chronograph and only want to achieve a mild speed of around 1600 feet per second. Has anyone had any experience using 10x in 45/70, or developed a load like this substituting a similarly burning powder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I don’t have any experience using any type powder with 45-70, but will subscribe to this thread to get info for powder to use. I just received my first 45-70 Henry this weekend, and will need to load is soon. Only mold I got is for a 500 grain boolit and it will be brutal to practice with that large a round.

Boolit Master
    Haven't used Re 10X in the 45-70, but have used Re-7 which is only slightly faster burning, and you would be safe, in my opinion , in using recommended charge weights for the Re-7 to obtain the velocity you are seeking. Should not run into case capacity problems with the slightly slower burning rate 10X.
    Decreed by our Creator: The man who has been made able to believe and understand that Jesus Christ has been sent into this world by the Father has been born of the Spirit of God. This man shall never experience spiritual death. He will live forever!

Boolit Mold
    Thank you. It doesn’t seem like there’s too much a difference between Reloder 7 and 10X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk