Lee PrecisionRepackboxSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Is everyone ok?

Boolit Master

Is everyone ok?

the storms that came through the past couple days have been devastating for some.
    yesterday and all last night the storms that blew through dumped I don't know how much rain, but the Valley is flooded and came real close to washing out my road. lots of trees down but fortunately no damage to any buildings.

Boolit Master
    Good to hear you and yours are OK.

My wife and I have concluded that, while many parts of America come close to paradise, it seems all of them can have nasty turns that can really slam you.

Out my way it's earthquakes and extremely left leaning politics (I'll leave it to readers to decide which is worse).

Banned
    We got ice storms, a LOT of trees down, and power outages for extended times. the only bad part is trying to sleep without a c-pap.

Boolit Master

We had high winds and rain. All is fine. Im going to look and see if any trees came down on my next hike.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Quote Originally Posted by Conditor22 View Post
    We got ice storms, a LOT of trees down, and power outages for extended times. the only bad part is trying to sleep without a c-pap.
    An inverter and a 12 volt battery works just fine for this.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

The wind came in, and could about blow the Chrome off a trailer hitch, but that's all we got.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master
    TN had lots of rain, probably the most I have ever seen in one blast and it all came in one continuous soaking. We had streams in our front yard and the neighbors down the street from us had swimming pools in their yards. We also caught high winds but no trees came down (that I have heard of) and no electrical outages. Mother Nature tried her best to flatten us but didn't quite make it.

Boolit Buddy
    Fridays wind blew down a tree on the wires at my house, and on my car. missed the truck. electric out for a while, car is scratched up paint wise, but no real damage. was out feeding the deer when I heard the crack. rotten maple tree, not even any good for firewood.
    Barry

Boolit Master
    Over here on the West end of the state we got the rain, but we also have land that the water can spread out onto. It's farmed or wooded, and everyone knows not to build there, so we didn't get the damage middle ands East TN received. When the Great Nashville flood happened I explained to my wife that when it rains heavy in the hills and mountains, all that water comes down the valleys and has no where to go but up! Bridges are a huge choke point for flooded creeks that cause water to rise.

Boolit Master
    storms like these make me grateful for what the TVA did so many years ago. my front pasture is still flooded from the river backing up and all the water still gushing down from the ridges, but that's ok with me. house is still in at least 30' above flood.

We had lots of rain. My place fared well and we live on a hill so didn't have to worry about any localized flooding. A neighbor's tree took a lightning strike, so they'll have some more wood for the fireplace come next winter.

Boolit Master
    We had severe wind for out here last night. Gusts were to 65 mph.
    Now that we live in town in a development that has underground power lines, storms like these are no longer a great concern. The news said that there was close to 5000 homes in the Spokane area without power last night. Fortunately we were not 1 of them.
    It's all chicken, even the beak!

Boolit Master

60+mph winds and rain and snow last night. Power out all over the region and multiple trees down and instances of flooding.

I drove to town to pick up pizza in the middle of it and had to dodge a few branches in the road...

Attachment 280495

Funny how we get severe weather and you never hear about it on the national news. We pretty much don't exist in the eyes of the rest of the country. Which is fine. We deal with severe weather without any drama or attention.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River