Load DataRepackboxRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication

Thread: Mauser 93 trigger guard

Boolit Bub

Mauser 93 trigger guard

I have been trying to completely strip a Spanish Mauser 93 trigger guard. I cannot find a pin or anything to remove the button from the trigger guard.The trigger guard is shown on page 32 of "Bolt Action Rifles" by Frank Dehass. Can anyone help me on how to get it to release or how to proceed. The trigger guard is not the typical style like the Mauser 98.

I've got the book and looked at the photo. Although I worked on many Mausers, that one appears to be a bit different. What function does the round button on the side of the front perform? Does it release the floor plate? If that is what you're trying to disassemble, I would look for a little pin passing through the trigger guard from top to bottom holding the button captive. Most Mausers usually have a tiny pin passing through the trigger guard from side to side holding in the stud and spring that deep the floor plate in place, but those floor plates are not commonly disassembled for ordinary cleaning. Whatever type, sometimes these little pins are hard to spot, concealed under the finish or a little corrosion. Forum Member Texas by God might be able to help, as he has worked on and customized small ring Mausers. You could give him a PM.

DG

Boolit Master
    Is it a hinged floor plate or a standard floor plate? A standard floor plate has a pin that passes horizontally through the boss that houses the floor plate plunger. A '93 hinged floor plate has a button just in front of the trigger guard bow that's designed to be depressed with the tip of a bullet. This button is retained by a pin that passes up vertically. Look inside the front of the trigger guard bow and you should see the top of this pin. It has been contoured to match with the trigger guard, and is a little hard to see. About the only way to remove this pin, (that I know of), is to drift it up into the trigger guard with a pin punch. This will bend the pin, so you will have to make a new one to reinstall the floor plate latch button. The only reason that I've ever removed this pin is to machine and install an extended button for the floor plate latch. It's a lot of work, and once the new pin is installed the top end of the pin needs to be filed and sanded to match the contour of the inside of the trigger guard bow.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Gebirgsjager View Post
    I've got the book and looked at the photo. Although I worked on many Mausers, that one appears to be a bit different. What function does the round button on the side of the front perform? Does it release the floor plate? If that is what you're trying to disassemble, I would look for a little pin passing through the trigger guard from top to bottom holding the button captive. Most Mausers usually have a tiny pin passing through the trigger guard from side to side holding in the stud and spring that deep the floor plate in place, but those floor plates are not commonly disassembled for ordinary cleaning. Whatever type, sometimes these little pins are hard to spot, concealed under the finish or a little corrosion. Forum Member Texas by God might be able to help, as he has worked on and customized small ring Mausers. You could give him a PM.

DG
    Yes it does release the floorplate. I am trying get the button out of the trigger guard so I can blue it. I have bead blasted the guard and I cannot find a pin anywhere.

Boolit Master
    I pulled my M1916 trigger guard of this style off and looked out of curiosity....I can see the pin on mine top and bottom....the top of it is on the flat behind the mag box about even with the right side of the trigger slot....the bottom comes out inside the trigger guard itself as mentioned above and is milled machined flush with the inside surface....
    Maybe put some cold blue on it and see if possibly the pin will show up?

Just like Ragnarok says above.
    I like this release. No accidental opening but VERY handy if someone " misloads" my magazine.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Bub
    Thanks, Ragnarok and Texas by God for the information and especially for posting it. I'm am sure it will help some others. Thanks again Rayant

Boolit Bub
    Ha!!! Found it! i was looking for this answer too. So my next question is - do you drive it out from above and back in from above? Seems like that's what you'd have to do. I am working on a M1916 First model and it has a kinda stuck button. I guess if I had to replace it - it wouldn't be a big deal. Anyway let me know what you did and I'll do it and make a video of it. Thanks!!!

Phil