Titan ReloadingWidenersInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Load DataRepackboxRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Reloaders Network roll crimp tool

Banned

Reloaders Network roll crimp tool

If you don't have one of these you need to. Way better crimps than the BPI roll crimp. Tried rolling some Winchester AA hulls with nothing done to the mouth. Rolled them right over. Nice thin tapered mouth.

I use mine exclusively now. It makes the best roll crimps I've done.

I leaves a nice radius on the front of the hull that promotes smooth feeding in Autoloaders and Pumps.

Randy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100465132.jpg  
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Banned

That looks 100x better than Bpi's crimper.

Boolit Master

Are these the ones with the four rollers Tommy?

I have a single and a dbl pin. As long as I grease them they work great. Id like ta try the 4pin.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Yes they have 4 pins. The big difference in these tools is the Radius on the front of the crimp.

The BPI tools have a taper on the sides of the hull, but the top edge is a flat. Mind you the BPI tools produce nice looking crimps but the other tool makes a crimp that is more like a good factory roll crimp with a nice radius on the front edge instead of a sharp corner transitioning to a Flat.

The first three pics are of BPI Roll Crimped hulls. You can see the tool makes nice crimps.

The Blue one was done with the new RN tool. It has the nice radius on the front which ultimately will enhance feeding in Pumps and Autoloaders. You'll also note that all Factory Roll Crimped shells look like this.

Randy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100465118.JPG   100465119.JPG   100464934.JPG   100465132.jpg  
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"

Banned

Yes 4 pin. That fat flat crimp is what i did not like. It also did not work well with fold crimp hulls. This new one seems to fold them over very well.

I got a few more loaded with the pvc wads. I made these 1/2"" long this time to fit better in the 2 3/4" hulls. I have tons of these. I have to call bpi again inthe morning to cancel my supposedly in stock hulls that are now backordered. 4th time. They don't have a live inventory.

Boolit Master
    4 Pin with Lyman and Lee slugs.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Moderator Emeritus

Thanks. Those pics answered a lot of my questions.
    Ron

Boolit Grand Master

Anyone tried adding pins to the crimpers that have less than 4 pins ?
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Grand Master
    Ausglock,

Great looking slug loads!!
    Don Verna

Quote Originally Posted by missionary5155 View Post
    Anyone tried adding pins to the crimpers that have less than 4 pins ?
    Not that easy to do a clean job on that, but very easy to trash a good tool.

Randy

Banned

I added 2 pins to my BPI single pin. It made it easier but it still left the flat fat rim. Was not hard to do once you locate the centerline of the pin that is there.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    I ordered one on 10 gauge and still waiting for the postman to drop it off.

Banned

Hope it doesn't take the trip mine did. St Louis, Nashville, New York , New Jersey, Chicago, des moines, cedar rapids, milan then to me in clinton

The label was printed Sunday and says it’s arriving late with no movement. Shocking. It took 2 weeks for my 2 days Usps small flat rate boxes full of lead ignots to get to FL recently. Looks like my roller departed Fallon IL on the 27 th and on the 30 th it’s says it’s arriving late.I just was given a H&R 12 gauge rifles slugger whitetails unlimited engraved 2000/2001’ and an Ithaca deer slayer 12 gauge 2 3/4” only from a buddy’s passing. I don’t slug hunt but might have to try now. So rolling some slugs might be in my future.

Just got a update that my roller might be delivered today. I also have 500 10 gauge over shot cards lost in transit from BPI from my March 25th order as well. I’m not in in a big rush as I have 11 rounds of glued in shot card 2 7/8” 10 gauge rounds ready for turkey hunting.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 03-31-2021 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    Hope it doesn't take the trip mine did. St Louis, Nashville, New York , New Jersey, Chicago, des moines, cedar rapids, milan then to me in clinton
    Looks like my order is still processing for some reason. I ordered it a week ago. Hope they decide to send it out soon.

Update...got it today! They just never updated the shipping info.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 04-01-2021 at 06:40 PM.

Here is my second try...

I made a hull trimmer with a dowel and a utility knife blade so I had a nice even hull to start with.
    The first one i forced the shell in when the roller was still cold and I wasn't spinning it fast enough. Just pushed the shell into the roller with my hand. I then tried a few of the uneven cut cases that were hot glued in. They crimped OK and I had a mess of melted hot glue to clean out of the roller.
    I will have to trim my cases somewhere between the two lengths i tried next time.

The first case i tried is the one on the left. I bent it over pushing to hard when I didn't heat it up enough. I tried it again after I did a few and got it to crimp down an little more.

So will my groups change after crimping VS just gluing in a shot card with the exact same load? I also compressed my FG black powder pretty hard with the 2 brown federal hulls. How much increase of pressure, if any, will I have with a hard pack?
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 04-02-2021 at 01:44 PM.

3B: Those look pretty good! You see that it wasn't that hard to do and now you can make very good looking ammo for your 10Ga. Good Looking Ammo always shoots better than Ugly Ammo

As you paly with it some more you get so you can duplicate results easily every time.

Try heating the tool up with a Heat Gun or a Hair Dryer. You'll find the first crimps come out perfect, also remember some Vaseline inside the tool.

Randy.

I didn’t have Vaseline so I used a coconut oil on a Qtip I had laying around. Once the roller got hot it was pretty easy going. I’ll have to make something to hold my shells as my palm got sore pretty quick trying to grab onto the shells. I wish someone made clear plastic over shot cards for gauge. My shoulders look a lot more square like the 1 and 2 pin rollers. Am I pushing to hard?