Load DataSnyders JerkyInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionRepackboxWidenersRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading

Thread: Range Kit Box / Tool Box?

Range Kit Box / Tool Box?

I've been collecting all the bits and pieces for the BP front stuffer game since the new year, since my TVM rifle won't be done until June, some of the stuff you need to play this game takes some effort to acquire, but I succeeded........ I look at my possibles bag and while good for a day in the field, won't be so good for a day at the range. What is the popular good quality tool box that fits all the necessities nicely? I work too long hours to make my own, when I have spare time it's hunt / fish or go shooting so I'll pay the lazy tax on a proper tool box that works, range rod and all for this hobby? Thanks for any and all input....

Boolit Master
    Well since I shoot 45 caliber slug guns and also 50 caliber patched round ball most everything is in two sizes. I also shoot at 50, 100 and 300 yards so I may or may not need a spotting scope? Then there are extra nipples, the CO2 charger, mallet, muzzle loader support to attach to the shooting bench and an extra pound of FFG sooooo after getting 3 or 4 tupperware boxes and ended up buying a "Fat Max" tool box at Lowes. It hold everything so I don't have to worry about the wrong things or forgetting things or.......it is very handy.
    John

Boolit Master
    I started out in a medium sized tool bag that I got at a SAE trade show. It’s about the size of a small duffel bag with a hardened bottom and built in wire frames that help hold the top open when unzipped. It worked well for a while but I outgrew it after a year or two. One year for Christmas one of my boys got me a plastic roll away box. It didn’t seem durable enough for rough tool use but in the end is about perfect to move around my range gear. It’s been going strong for about 5 years now

https://www.amazon.com/Keter-241008-...s%2C171&sr=1-3

The MTM shooting range box serves me well for smokeless.

Boolit Grand Master

I started with a military type canvas tool bag. Soon ran out of room and added a second bag. Eventually moved to a tackle box. Not PC but suits my needs. It has all the compartments to keep things separate. I shoot something like 10 different calibers. They do have the nice wood tool boxes though which are kinda old timey but I really wouldn't call them PC either.
    Aim small, miss small!

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    I need to consider getting a bag or box expressly for my muzzle loading stuff. I’m having to add a lot of new stuff to my ange bag since I’ve been muzzle loading and it’s getting crowded.

Boolit Buddy
    Here's what I have, I shoot a .50 and a .54, I use separate boxes for each, I've also seen the same box at Harbor Freight for less, there's compartments on the hinged lid and a lift out inside, works for me.
    https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting-...-box/p/1138807
    "People in Arizona carry guns," said Detective David Ramer, a Chandler police spokesman. You better be careful about who you are picking on...

Boolit Master
    I've found that no matter how big the range box is there will always be more stuff needed. I have one home made box dedicated to BP with powder, a range rod and all the other stuff needed for shooting the holy black. I also have a general range bag which I picked up at a thrift store for eyes and ears, scope, targets and shooting rest for both BP and condom shooting. For condom shooting the ammo gets packed in a separate ammo can depending on what I pull out of the closet.

Boolit Grand Master
    As long as I can get it loaded in my vehicle, I have found that there is no such thing as a "too big" range box.

To keep cleaning and loading rods clean and straight; I like to make cases from plastic pipe, big enough for the handles to fit inside. Glue a cap on one end and a female adapter and screw in plug on the other.

Robert

Boolit Master

Had a TVM kit sent to me a few years ago , nice kit , and bought a Tennessee valley manufacturing before that also a nice kit and was a pleasure ordering there also , I just use a ridgid tool bag fits what I need , spotting scope is in its own case .

Boolit Master
    I use the MTM range box, the one that has supports so you can put the rifle in it for cleaning. Has space enough to hold stuff and it is very convenient for swabbing out the barrel after shooting a string.

Banned

If yer a bit handy, a shooting box is easy to make with cheap big box wood.

BPCR, but you get the idea ...

Thank Y'all, gave me plenty to research and even contemplate some shop time.....