WidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Load DataTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Lee Precision RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tri Star Shotguns

Boolit Master

Tri Star Shotguns

Has anyone had any experience with those shotguns? I saw one yesterday on one of my customers gun racks - a 20 ga O/U. It looked beautiful with the nice wood. It seemed light as a feather and came to the shoulder as if it was coming home. I was astounded at the price of this Turkish import O/U.

Boolit Grand Master
    Never shot one, but like you, I am impressed by the various Turkish (and some Russian) made shotguns that have been imported.

I don't shoot much shotgun anymore, but some of them are very tempting.

Robert

I really like mine, use it for sporting clays. The gun is a lot better than I am...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0BF2579E-75FC-4B2D-B10B-BAF61472E5EF.jpg  

Boolit Master
    I bought a Tristar G2 Viper walnut in 410. Nice handling gun that actually fits an adult male. Your supposed to shoot a couple hundred rounds of heavy loads to break it in. I've shot 2.5" and 3" loads alternately from the magazine from the start without any problems. Never a FTF or eject. Real happy with my purchase.

Boolit Master
    LOL I literally just went back to the shop yesterday that I was at on Tuesday to buy a TriStar Setter in 12 gauge! Haven't shot it yet, but its a pretty gun. Not afraid of Turkish guns at all. I actually went to college with the CEO's son. We shot the crap out of 4 or 5 TriStars in college that he just loaned out to us when we went out.

On a side note, the trap gun that I used in college and love and have mentioned here before is a CZ. It was made for CZ by Huglu, a Turkish company. Than gun has tens of thousands of rounds through it. Now, Im not saying the TriStar is in the same league as a the CZ, but in my opinion they are well made and well tested. A friend and I are gonna put this Setter through its paces next to the CZ and an 1100 Skeet model.

Price rocked me back a bit, but I have to admit I am a big fan of Turkish Walnut.

Looked like some nice guns. Liked the looks of their "Marine" Pump gun also, no nice wood, but a much lower price.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	received_144678244234712.jpeg 
Views:	31 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	280174

Hard to see in the pic, but the action is laser engraved as well as the checkering.

Boolit Master
    One of the guys at our club who can buy about anything he wants bought a Tri Star .410 OU because he just wanted a gun for occasional use as opposed to a heavy competition schedule.

I shot a few rounds thru it and it’s a very nice little gun!

Boolit Master

They also make 1911 style pistol, any one have one ?
    10-x

NRA Endowment
    H.R.M.S.
    N.F.A.C.
    RVN Veteran
    VFW
    "The short memories of the American voters is what keeps our politicians in office"------Will Rogers

Boolit Master
    I don't think they make 1911's. They do however sell pistols with a very similar design to CZ pistols.

Boolit Master

There are Turk 1911 s in shops, have seen them several times and at shows. Of course they tell you they are great but would rather hear from experience.
    10-x

NRA Endowment
    H.R.M.S.
    N.F.A.C.
    RVN Veteran
    VFW
    "The short memories of the American voters is what keeps our politicians in office"------Will Rogers

Boolit Master
    I looked into getting a semi auto in 28 gauge, its not an 1100 or browning gold, but there are quite a few very good reviews of them, they do what they were built to do and at about 1/3-1/2 the price of an 1100 it comes with full set of choke tubes. I would not hesitate if the price has not been jacked up because of current shortage

Boolit Buddy
    Go here, https://www.trapshooters.com/ and do a search on TriStar, and it's various spellings.

It doesn't get such a glowing review there. I've thought about getting one, the wood is fantastic, but I'm rather rough on the SKBs I have, and at 65, I just don't need any more guns.

I got a tri star it’s a beautiful gun and light with great fit and handling but had a firing pin break at around 1000 rounds and they replaced it under warranty no problems since
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	280238

Boolit Master

I owned a ViperG2 Bronze 20ga TriStar for about a year. It was a very dependable trouble free gun that I put a couple thousand rds through. Sold it to a friend who really loved the wood on the gun and he is very happy with it. I have not owned any of their O/U's but my understanding is they don't hold up to serious shooting (5-10K per year) like the Browning Citori's or Beretta 680 series guns. A friend had a .410 TriStar O/U that was trouble free for about 5K rds before he traded it for a Grand Citori .410.
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

Boolit Grand Master

Several Turkish made guns. The 9mm Zenith are tackdrivers comparing to anything I've shot.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    I guess the next time I take the ferry over to visit my customers on the Island, I better bring enough money. That fiber optic sight on the muzzle would real help my duck hunting. I would almost feel bad about taking something that pretty out on my kayak in salt water instead of my 50 year old, beater, S/S 20 ga.

Boolit Master

I bought a Sauer 12 guage 3 inch in 2003, when I was on active. It was a shooter. It's been claimed by the oldest grandson. Oh, well. I'll say the Turkish guns are good.
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Boolit Master
    Local pawn shop had the O/U set for sale. 12-410 all in as new condition. I opened the 410 and 20 and they sure looked unshot. No burnish marks from being worked. The lock up force was between a Baikal and Citori but closer to Citori. Too bad I had already bought a 311 with some of the color case still there and an all steel 500 from him that needed a little help for a decent price. I remember him saying they went for 600-700. Each.

Boolit Master
    if you do get it let us know how it works out.
    I was at gun store Friday, there sure aint too much left on the racks, maybe 6 guns total, unwanted oddballs all of em, this is a place that had no less than 300 guns on display just a year or so ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast