RepackboxReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingWideners
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are you shooting today ?

Boolit Master
    Shot my 6.5" Model 24 yesterday. Put them right in there like it does. 210 powder coated boolit over 8 grains of HS 6.

Yesterday evening I found out that my M10 4" .38 Special likes the 150gr Lee SWC over 4 grs of AA#2- hits right in the middle.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Bub
    This was Saturdays fun. Was worried how I would make out with the 500 but with practice all went fantastic. Bought this thing thinking I wouldn't shoot it much, then I realized they love cast boolits. Away we go!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2886.jpg  
    This Doesn't Suck!

Boolit Master

Put the red dot back on my Glock G19 and grabbed a load that I put together using RMR 147gr bullets and 3.5 grains of TiteGroup.

Red dot sighted in, but the Glock did not like that recipe at all...

Attachment 280575
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Grand Master
    Today I'm giving the SIG 229 a ride with the 357 SIG barrel and also the Browning 1955. I may also run some rounds through my Ruger Service Six.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Master
    I have been shooting my own pistol loads for a pretty good spell. But I wrung out my Ruger 77-22, and tried different brands of 22 shells. Still amazing to me how much difference there is. I am attaching 3 targets although I tested many other brands: all at 25 yards off a Varminter rest, and using a scope. Win Super X which I thought would be good, then Rem. Golden Bullets which I did not expect to be very accurate, and CCI Target which stunned me. BTW I also tried CCI Mini-mags and that was not good at all. BTW the target with Rem GB's was the last shot with them after scope adjustment. I figured I would use the GB's around my place and wanted them spot on. At first I could not find many GB's around the house, but I found I do have an adequate supply, whew!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ruger 77-22 Win Super X.jpg   Ruger 77 - 22 with GB's.jpg   Ruger 77-22 CCI Target.jpg  
    Britons shall never be slaves.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJames View Post
    I have been shooting my own pistol loads for a pretty good spell. But I wrung out my Ruger 77-22, and tried different brands of 22 shells. Still amazing to me how much difference there is. I am attaching 3 targets although I tested many other brands: all at 25 yards off a Varminter rest, and using a scope. Win Super X which I thought would be good, then Rem. Golden Bullets which I did not expect to be very accurate, and CCI Target which stunned me. BTW I also tried CCI Mini-mags and that was not good at all. BTW the target with Rem GB's was the last shot with them after scope adjustment. I figured I would use the GB's around my place and wanted them spot on. At first I could not find many GB's around the house, but I found I do have an adequate supply, whew!
    Ironic...

I sighted in my Ruger 10/22 yesterday and tried to figure out what ammo it liked.

At 25 yards, it liked the CCI Stingers, and at 55 yards, it liked the CCI Mini-Mags.

Attachment 280608

Attachment 280609

I also shot my Uberti Silver Boy and it HATED the Stingers but loved the Mini-Mags.

Attachment 280610
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master
    That’s the way of it. Mini-Mags were dead last with the 77-22. And, I had figured REM. GB’s would be. Never can tell.
    Britons shall never be slaves.

What am I shooting today? Raccoons. They've already ripped up another screen door because they smell the cats' food inside, and it's not even April yet.
    Cognitive Dissident

But to get back on topic, I fired another three rounds from the Stevens 44-1/2 I'm building in .28-30-120. Fussing with the firing pin nose shape.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    Put the red dot back on my Glock G19 and grabbed a load that I put together using RMR 147gr bullets and 3.5 grains of TiteGroup.

Red dot sighted in, but the Glock did not like that recipe at all...

Attachment 280575
    Today, tried the same recipe in my carry pistol, a Sig P365 with night sights. It was a stark contrast in how bad my eyes are with open sights compared to using the red dot. Plus, the best group the Glock gets is an inch at 25 yards. The best the Sig gets is 2" at 25 yards.

With this load, it got 7"...

Attachment 280617

Boolit Master

Decided to try out my new range set-up at a nearby gravel pit. Bought a folding table, a folding chair, bag rests, target stands, then bought a bunch of paper plates and bright 3/4" sticker dots. Cut up the cardboard from the table box and was ready to go.

Set up at 25 yards in a stiff breeze.

Attachment 281238

It worked, but was not ideal. Heights were good and cheap targets were fine, but the table was not stable and the top was so slick that if it was just bit off level, guns and ammo boxes would slide off.

Fired my old match pistol, a Glock G35 in .40 S&W. Best groups I could get with it have been 1.5", using 180gr XTPs and Win 231. I just can't get any of my RMR bullets to group well in any pistol I've tried them in. It's weird. Still, 2.5" at 25 yards with a shaky table and the wind moving the target is not too bad.

Attachment 281239

I have been playing with my Black Powder revolvers lately but will be out tomorrow with my GP-100, 686 No Dash to burn off some 38spl and .357mag rounds. I need to get my PPQ and M&P Pro in action so they will get driven towards the end of the week.

Take Care

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    Decided to try out my new range set-up at a nearby gravel pit. Bought a folding table, a folding chair, bag rests, target stands, then bought a bunch of paper plates and bright 3/4" sticker dots. Cut up the cardboard from the table box and was ready to go.

Set up at 25 yards in a stiff breeze.

Attachment 281238

It worked, but was not ideal. Heights were good and cheap targets were fine, but the table was not stable and the top was so slick that if it was just bit off level, guns and ammo boxes would slide off.

Fired my old match pistol, a Glock G35 in .40 S&W. Best groups I could get with it have been 1.5", using 180gr XTPs and Win 231. I just can't get any of my RMR bullets to group well in any pistol I've tried them in. It's weird. Still, 2.5" at 25 yards with a shaky table and the wind moving the target is not too bad.

Attachment 281239
    That would be excellent for me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12