WidenersLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Repackbox Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are you shooting today ?

Boolit Master

What are you shooting today ?

Packing things up for today's range time , gonna bring the LabRadar and check some 44 special and some 45 auto. Loads .
    Threw in the lcpii cause I gotta bring a 22
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 78347A29-93FE-4C3F-8E23-F3F6F17AF05F.jpg  

Nutt’n! Away from home. But, when I get back home, I’ll make that long 40 yard trip to the bench....for the rifles or the long range handguns. Or perhaps, shoot the short barrel handguns from the front porch. Decisions- Decisions! memtb
    You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“LETS GO BRANDON”

I've been feeling withdrawal symptoms for the last few days as I missed my usual range trip last week. Now all this talk of range trips and firearms is giving me the shakes.
    I need to grab a couple and head to the range. Going to have to be short guns since we are going to have storms by the time I get there.

Boolit Master
    I got the urge to go to the range too. But not today, as it has been raining a lot since last night. I hate to squish through all the mud to setup targets, etc at the range. But likely it would be with some 22 rimfires though. With the ammo shortages and high costs for ammo, it is hard to go and shoot something centerfire right now.

Boolit Grand Master
    Raining again today, so I'll pass, but tomorrow I have some 357 Sig Loads to try, some 32 and 327 fodder to burn up and a 9mm that needs some trigger time.
    Hopefully the weather will lighten up.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Moderator Emeritus

Just spread top soil and grass seed other day on it. Just came in from moving the sprinkler. Was planning on more rain but for once they changed the forecast to nicer weather. Trying to knock down dust in the house as that was the last open area. Yea, walk out backdoor to the pistol range. Still have to frame, insulate, etc. inside portion then I can get started on the rifle range. Some day I keep saying. Got some kind of stomach bug with nasty gas pains, headaches, etc that is going around. Give me 24 hours and it will be gone. Not gonna tell you where I am typing this from
    Ron

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by memtb View Post
    Nutt’n! Away from home. But, when I get back home, I’ll make that long 40 yard trip to the bench....for the rifles or the long range handguns. Or perhaps, shoot the short barrel handguns from the front porch. Decisions- Decisions! memtb
    Ha next thing we know you'll be telling us you have your reloading gear on the porch and you don't have to git up to test new loads or NAP your just plumb mean to us city boys

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by onelight View Post
    Packing things up for today's range time , gonna bring the LabRadar and check some 44 special and some 45 auto. Loads .
    Threw in the lcpii cause I gotta bring a 22
    How do you like the LabRadar, I like the idea if it works as advertised?

Ha next thing we know you'll be telling us you have your reloading gear on the porch and you don't have to git up to test new loads or NAP your just plumb mean to us city boys
    Not quite.....I have to travel all the way down into the basement! It’s a long trip, but.....sometimes you just have to make compromises!

It should ease the pain knowing that I don’t have a LabRadar.....just the old fashion kind! memtb
    Last edited by memtb; 03-25-2021 at 05:20 PM.
    You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“LETS GO BRANDON”

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by memtb View Post
    Not quite.....I have to travel all the way down into the basement! It’s a long trip, but.....sometimes you just have to make compromises! memtb

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mack1 View Post
    How do you like the LabRadar, I like the idea if it works as advertised?
    I got it because most of the time I shoot at an indoor range , it works great inside have not tried it outdoors yet.
    If a guy has a private place to shoot I would say it's to expensive other good choices for a lot less . But if you shoot on public ranges it is a great way to go . Has a bit of a learning curve but if you use it often and follow the directions it works great .

Boolit Buddy
    I got it because most of the time I shoot at an indoor range , it works great inside have not tried it outdoors yet.
    If a guy has a private place to shoot I would say it's to expensive other good choices for a lot less . But if you shoot on public ranges it is a great way to go . Has a bit of a learning curve but if you use it often and follow the directions it works great .
    Thanks, I interested in finding accurate bc numbers. If it will show velocity at multiple ranges it may be worth the cost.

Boolit Master
    I've used mine for a few months now. I have had regular chronos over the years and like this one a lot better. I can change target areas without having to get up from the bench or walk in front of the firing line. I can also shoot in early morning (std chronos don't like all the stray light) or on cloudy days.

If you want to use it standing then it needs to be on a tripod. On windy days you might have problems with it blowing over unless you secure the tripod somehow.

It does have to be 'aimed' correctly and it will 'miss' a shot every now and then (1 out of 40 shots maybe). It has a fairly narrow 'cone' that it measures. Gives consistent results.

It measures velocity out to 75yd on a fairly regular basis with .30cal bullets. The .223 bullets sometimes only 50yd. Max is 100yd.

Some people have problems with them. I have not, but, we have a pretty open range with not much to reflect the radar beam.

My Grandson needs to re-sight his .204 Ruger and I will take my Handi in .223 to work off the bench. I also just received a 15-5 S& W in .38 Special that will be really dirty before we are done! hc18flyer ��

Happiness is a dirty revolver! We shot 200 rounds thru the S & W model # 15. First we adjusted the sights, then started work on the plate rack! My Grandson liked breaking bluerocks, and finished the am with a shaken can of Dr Pepper! He may have to learn to reload his own ammo! It was a GREAT MORNING for both of us!
    hc18flyer

Boolit Grand Master

Went with my Air Lite 325PD and Steyr M-40 gen 1.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	325 m40.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	280389
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Master
    Stubshaft what do you think of your Steyr ?

Boolit Grand Master

Stubshaft what do you think of your Steyr ?
    I LOVE IT! The bore is closer to the hand, Gen 1's actually also have an integral safety, it fits my hand well and it is accurate. I put a set of Talon style grips on it and it is good to go. I have used it for EDC with a pancake holster and find it comfortable and easily packed. Plus it holds 12+1 .40 S&W.

The trapezoidal sights are unique and some do not like them but I love them as they seem to draw my eye right to the tip of the front sight.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	steyr sight.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	9.0 KB 
ID:	280468
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Master
    stubshaft I have looked at those several times and been very tempted . Don't post anything else good about it , I have to many nines already
    I would like to try those sights but my eyes are getting bad enough I fear I won't be able to hold elevation with them.

Boolit Master

Just a Uberti 50-95 loaded with black powder , and a Pedersoli Sharps 40-90ss also loaded with black , poor rock .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast