Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackboxWideners
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Load Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Lyman Universale Lube Heater Question

Question Lyman Universale Lube Heater Question

I am hoping someone can help me here . I have a Lyman Universal Lube Heater and want to use with me Saeco Lube Sizer in Addition to my Lyman Lube Sizer. I have the mounting bolts for the Lyman Lube Sizer but I do not have the bolts for the holes to mount my Saeco Lube Sizer. Can anyone tell me what size / thread the Saeco Mounting holes are ?

It would be greatly appreciated.
    Sometimes you eat the bar and sometimes the bar eats you.

Boolit Master
    On my Lyman lube heater the plate is threaded with various holes, your Saeco may fit but you would need to match the plate threads not the sizer. A quick trip to an auto parts place or home center should get you what you need.

Or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by metricmonkeywrench View Post
    On my Lyman lube heater the plate is threaded with various holes, your Saeco may fit but you would need to match the plate threads not the sizer. A quick trip to an auto parts place or home center should get you what you need.

Or am I missing something?

You are .. I know which holes are for the Saeco lubsizer to mount to I am asking what bolt size and thread pitch they are ...

The two small sets of holes up front are for the Saeco and Star the heater is drilled and tapped for the 450 , the Saeco and Star and has three sets of holes . I have the bolts for my Lyman 450 , I just need to get the bolts to mount my Saeco and was hoping someone here knew what size they were without me taking the heater to Ace and playing the thread matching game.

Please see the image below

Unfortunately for me the Lyman Instruction Sheet does not specify what size of bolts they are . As I said I have the bolts for the Lyman / RCBS bolt holes I do not have them for the SAECO holes.
    Last edited by savagetactical; 03-24-2021 at 10:11 PM.

Boolit Master
    I agree with metricmonkeywrench, when in doubt, take it to hardware store and use a gauge set to identify the size and pitch. Especially easy if you have an old-time local hardware store, they will be more likely to be able to help you easier than a big box place. Love HD but for small nuts and bolts I prefer my local hardware store.

Boolit Grand Master
    If you have a Mom & Pop hardware store, that would be your best bet. Failing in that, an Ace or other chain type hardware store, or a favorite around here, Tractor Supply. Of course, the best thing is to have a multigenerational (literally) accumulation of “junk” (or “treasure”) and pick out an odd piece of a bolt that fits the hole and threads in, and once you know diameter and thread size you know what you will need to buy at the store without hauling in your heater plate. . That’s how I’d do it.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master
    Green Frog it helps to be an old guy that has spent 50 years working on boats , motorcycles
    , cars & trucks trailers , tractors appliances etc. etc. and not throwing away any nuts bolts screws of any kind I may not be able to find what I need but I know I have one

Boolit Grand Master
    I guess I was making a bit of a humble brag... I'm 71, my Dad lived to 92 and left me his lifetime accumulation of such stuff which was based on his Uncle's 80+ year accumulation (he was a retired machinist.) I guess I was born with a junk spoon in my mouth, huh?

BTW, I looked at both the Lyman and RCBS heater plate and decided to buy the latter because it includes a variable heat controller for not much different price. Unfortunately these both show "out of stock - back order only" at their respective manufacturer's website. One large vendor who will remain nameless because IMHO his name is now a curse word has the RCBS unit priced at TWICE the MSRP. Needless to say, I'll be waiting for RCBS to make a few more.

Froggie

Boolit Grand Master
    Can anyone confirm my assumption that the main difference between the Lyman and RCBS units is the built in controller device on the RCBS? It seems like I would be well advised to get the RCBS when both seem to bring about the same money in actual sale price.

Froggie

Boolit Buddy
    Hole # 1 5/16 x 18
    Hole # 2 1/4 x 20
    Hole #3 1/4 x 20
    Hole # 4 1/4 flat head for a flush fit

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
    Can anyone confirm my assumption that the main difference between the Lyman and RCBS units is the built in controller device on the RCBS? It seems like I would be well advised to get the RCBS when both seem to bring about the same money in actual sale price.

Froggie
    That sounds like more for your money to me if they are equal in quality . And will work for your sizer .
    Last edited by onelight; 03-30-2021 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bimus View Post
    Hole # 1 5/16 x 18
    Hole # 2 1/4 x 20
    Hole #3 1/4 x 20
    Hole # 4 1/4 flat head for a flush fit
    Thank you sir ...

Boolit Grand Master
    See there? If we keep your original thread alive chasing rabbits, it will stay active until somebody smart comes along with the answer you need just to get us to shut up. You’re welcome.