Inline FabricationWidenersRotoMetals2Lee Precision
RepackboxTitan ReloadingLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Hogdon.com has powder in stock

Boolit Buddy

Hogdon.com has powder in stock

Just bought 8lb. H110

https://shop.hodgdon.com/hodgdon

Indeed they do. Links to purchase that powder are available from the reloading data portion of the Hodgdon site. You find a load and there is a link to buy that powder, nice arrangement. I also like that they are going out of their way to avoid cutting too deeply into their normal distribution channels. In normal times I appreciate being able to stop at a LGS or sporting goods store and pick up a pound of something. If the manufacturers cut them off during a shortage it won't be good for reloaders down the road.

From the website:

• While we now sell direct-to-consumer on our own websites, we prioritize our shipments to our traditional sales channels to maximize powder availability at sporting goods and gun shop retailers everywhere.
    • We place limited powder inventory for sale on a regular basis on our website. When we are sold out, we are sold out.
    • We do not take backorders and our Tech Services team cannot take orders via email or phone.
    • The maximum order quantity of any powder SKU is 5 and we will only accept one order, per customer, per calendar month.

Also think putting some limits on purchases works out well for the general public. More people getting something they need that way. The more folks can get what they need once in a while the less they will feel the need to hoard and panic purchase. The sooner we can get back to regular order of things.

Adding one more place to buy from can't be a bad thing. Glad the OP was able to find some powder they were looking for without paying CTD prices.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Buddy
    Ordered HP38, their shipping is on a high side, but even with shipping turned out about $30/lb.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by kayala View Post
    Ordered HP38, their shipping is on a high side, but even with shipping turned out about $30/lb.

No wonder the site has been down all day.
    http://www.hodgdonreloading.com/?_ga...992.1616637107

Boolit Buddy

Did they ship it hazmat free?

Boolit Buddy

$39.65 shipping and hazmat for 8lb

sure wish you could sort it by availability......
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

just tried a few... nothing in stock.
    I'm a Happy Clinger.

Quote Originally Posted by trails4u View Post
    sure wish you could sort it by availability......
    Exactly.....
    I'm a Happy Clinger.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by clearwater View Post
    No wonder the site has been down all day.
    http://www.hodgdonreloading.com/?_ga...992.1616637107
    Yeah, as a matter of fact I’ve only been able to actually place an order on my 4th or 5th try. Numerous attempts were click checkout and land on error page.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by la5676 View Post
    Did they ship it hazmat free?
    They just bundle shipping and hazmat and show you total, which is as jsm180 pointed out $39.65.

Boolit Buddy
    They just bundle shipping and hazmat and show you total, which is as jsm180 pointed out $39.65.

Whenever I ordered powder online, I ordered the max they would ship, 48#, which spreads the hazmat over more pounds instead of just the one pound. That is still pretty cheap hazmat/shipping fees, assuming a pound of powder has got to be close to $20+.

Boolit Master

not anymore
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

I was just able to buy 3 - 8lbs kegs and 1 - 1 lbs. Shipping was $47.04. That is not bad including hazmat.

Second nice touch. The powder listing on the store portion has drop downs to select caliber, bullet weight and it will provide loads for the powder being viewed. A real blessing when one is sourcing powder and isn't sure that the one available will cover the same loads as what it is replacing. Or when trying to find a powder that will work for more than one weight or caliber. Nice when one can find that powder with good coverage across multiple loads you actually have molds for.

Don't matter if powder X works in all three calibers you want but only with bullets 30 grains less than any mold you own.

They are pretty responsive folks at Hodgdon. Might be worth using contact us link on their website to let them know filtering to in stock only is highly desirable feature. Creating an account can greatly speed up processing of shopping cart at checkout.

Only reason I'm not worried about running out of primers is if I couldn't justify any additional powder to order that would help spread out the hazmat fee then I would just order some primers. It does sometimes hurt that I tend to leave ordering until I have multiple items to order so I can get the most from shipping and hazmat expense. Like now when components are scarce and one is unlikely to find 2 desired powders in one place let alone 3 and a couple boxes of primers. Stuff on my list might have cost more shipping and hazmat if purchased pre pandemic but they would have been available.

Oh well I made up my shopping list for ammo to buy at next gun show a couple of days before Sandy Hook let us say that didn't work out so well. Now buy it cheap and stack it deep is my motto. And when not in panic mode prices do come down and prices are cheap or relatively cheap.

Was surprised at some of the powder people are finding. I guess you have to check back often for the powder you want. I also think things aren't as bad on powder as they were back around 2008. Between Sandy Hook, the great recession (TEOTWAWKI), and speculative buying by scalpers, with a fire taking out ADI pistol powder manufacturing capacity all at once you couldn't have found a jug of H110 unless you already had it in your basement.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Buddy

Win 296 is still in stock 1lb, 4lb and 8 lb

Boolit Master
    when I saw this I went there and tried to get 40lbs of Varget , no luck--out of stock. I wish there was an easy way to see what is in stock

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by farmbif View Post
    when I saw this I went there and tried to get 40lbs of Varget , no luck--out of stock. I wish there was an easy way to see what is in stock
    Varget is my favorite rifle powder. It's never easy to get.