Reloading EverythingLoad DataRepackboxInline Fabrication
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Titan Reloading Lee Precision
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Facebook bans

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    I was permanently banned from fb for “hate speech. No real explanation given. I put up recipes, health tips, political joke pictures against bobama & hilarious, and pro-2A stuff. I used a picture of isis about to behead Christians for my main pic, & my last post was of a pair of teen Turks standing with looser Pit Bull in middle, each holding up its ears. My post was how evil it is to chop off your dogs ears. I guess that is racist and judgmental against Turkish dog fighters??? F ‘em!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Petrol & Powder View Post
    Mark Zuckerberg may be the greatest marketing genius since P.T. Barnum. In fact, I will even say that he bested P.T. Barnum.

Zuckerberg knew that humans are inherently and deeply narcissistic. AND he found a means to exploit that trait.

Facebook doesn't exist because it provides a platform for people to keep in touch with "friends and family". You can do that with e-mail, zoom, video calls, etc. Facebook exists because it provides a platform for people to tell others about themselves and Facebook can sell advertising on that platform.
    I believe the intentions of MZ and Facebook are much, much more nefarious than this....
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Boolit Master

I've never wasted My time.
    I was raised; My business is Private business.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Grand Master
    Sounds like if your not of their thinking, they ban you.
    So it seems like they don't believe in free speech.
    Kind of how it was in 1939 Germany.

It is fun to get on there and rile up the liberals, and yes I have been in fake book jail numerous times.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. " --(Thomas Jefferson)

"Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a drug pusher an unlicensed pharmacist."

When you put Political Correctness ahead of justice, you get no justice.
    Mark Fuhrman

OK,never even been on FB,much less register.

Just sayin,if you're being put in "timeout",and the goal of your posting is to raise awareness for,not only a 2A position but also blow holes in some commie's anti American diatribe.... well,you're doin it wrong.

You need to ask questions that dosen't raise their cockles,but exposes their ridiculous position. Ask it in a way that(yes a stretch) they have to reconsider their platform. Once you start to question your "moral high ground" that is one of the early steps to self actualization. If you're posting,just to stir the pot.... this still accomplishes the goal. You need them to,spill their guts in a moronic attempt to justify stupidity without "challenging" them.

To use a boxing analogy,work the combinations. Jab,jab,then crush with a power shot.

Edit:

"My neighbor is such a Trump supporter,is it OK if I poison his dog"?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by trails4u View Post
    I believe the intentions of MZ and Facebook are much, much more nefarious than this....
    Zuckerberg's intentions were to make money. He accomplished that and he did it by exploiting human traits. As for his other intentions, I agree, he has nefarious goals. However he couldn't pursue those other goals without that wealth.

Boolit Master
    They've locked me ups few times but I keep going back to troll the Lefties. If/when I get banned for life I'll move on...
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

I deleted face book in December and it has been so nice ever since. the best thing I could have done.
    Not only is it a liberal/commie safe home, it is by far the easiest place for gov spys to see what everyone is doing

Boolit Master
    I never have, nor will I get involved in FB, Twits, or whatever other "social media" crap is out there, until it's open to free speech, & not slanted only one way.
    Even those of us here who disagree about things, are allowed to politely speak our minds, as long as we are polite & civil.

But that crap is being exploited as a powerful tool to promote a specific agenda, and that's scary.

But if I were to waste my time there,, I would choose to engage them as Shopdog has mentioned. Do things to make them expose themselves. Ask them where they get their facts, and resources, & to use direct quotes etc. Do such things in a polite manner, and allow the idiots to continue to expose their stupidity, to where people understand how stupid they really are.

Not a FB story, but instead a real face to face event I was invited to.
    A supposedly "debate" on how we could address fast action on "firearm violence" at a local level. It was held at the Asheville UNC campus. I was assured that it would be formal, and unbiased.
    Turns out, my wife & I were the only solidly pro-gun people there. There were a few attendees who were gun owners, but also believed in "some restrictions." (Good for thee, but not me,,," types.)
    But instead of an actual debate, it was more of a presentation event. You were allowed a 2-3 minute presentation, and maybe a few questions, until you yielded to someone else. You could also present again, after others had already had a say.
    Now, I could go into a lot more detail of the event, but I'll just say this.
    I made one man so mad after he challenged my "credentials" that he left & slammed the door after I answered his challenge with my credentials.
    But the best part, was when I was allowed to speak & wrap it up, I stood and politely said;
    "I have presented a lot of things here today, that I've seen expressions on faces that said you think I'm wrong. Fine. Do not believe me. Do not take my presentations as fact, OR dismiss them. Be an educated person, and take the time to look up the facts yourselves. Here are the books and reference materials I used to present my support for the US Constitution, and the Right to Keep & Bear Arms. (As I said this, I held up a stack of books & reference materials.) Today was supposed to be an open & honest debate and I came to present facts & not emotional items. But again, do not believe me. This place is a college. People come here to learn. Be an educated person, and research the facts yourself. I'll be available after this if anybody wants to copy the names of the books and the authors. Thank you."

After I sat down, and it closed,, (3) people actually did come & copy my info. Maybe I did change a few minds. or at least I gave them things to study.

If FB or Twits, etc would allow such similar attitudes, we'd not have as many problems as we now have.

Boolit Grand Master
    I had much rather spend time here than on Facebook.

Boolit Master
    I have a FB page. I’m an e-mail type person myself; run out of things to say pretty quick on the phone, and writing letters and sending them by mail (which I used to do a lot) is as obsolete as pressing cuneiform into clay tablets and baking them.

It’s the only way to keep up with the doings of the younger generation. “Kids” (now in their 30s) who won’t sign a Christmas card or send a one line message on e-mail barf their entire lives out on FB. But to say that it’s a major political platform, the modern equivalent of the Federalist Papers, is ridiculous. It’s trivialities, including the political trivialities of vapid, shallow youngsters. Now in their 30s.

I wouldn’t imagine the Federalist Papers would have been published in the London Times, either. Anybody who can’t deal with reality wants to abolish it. That doesn’t work in the long run, but the stupid, like the poor, will always be with us.

One April 15, I copied Kipling’s “The Rupi’iat Of Omar Kalvin,” a poem about a sleazy politician raising taxes (one of my favorites), onto my page in honor of Income Tax Day. Got a couple of Likes, and a message from one of my Facebook BFFs that “This is too deep for FB.” It must have been, because the post became hard to bring up in a couple weeks. Don’t know where it is now, or care much.

They changed the format on my page and it isn’t easy to use any more. The “Friends With New Posts” section disappeared and I don’t have the time or steam to go through any but the most notoriously self-absorbed constant posters, maybe once or twice a month. There’s also something called “Messenger” that is constantly bugging me to join it. Just what I need, another cyber rabbit hole with passwords, countersigns, etc, etc.

Oddly, I find the postings on the various FB sites set up by these shooting and reloading forums a good deal less interesting than their actual forum sites. Not much in the way of interesting technical stuff, just “Hey, look at these boolits I just cast. Kool, huh?” Or, “This is where I set the heat on my Lee pot. Is it OK? Trivialities. Lots of pictures, though. No organization like the forums, so hard to wade through, too.

As I said, it’s trivia.

facebook is for liberal soccermoms

facebook is the enemy of the 2nd amendment

AVOID IT

NRA LIFE Member

USPSA/IPSC

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
    I see where you're coming from and totally get your point, but I'm going to disagree for one specific reason: I'm not trying to change the mind of the person with whom I'm arguing (I don't give a rat's ass what they believe because I doubt they'd change their mind) - I'm showing an alternate viewpoint and facts to the larger, mostly silent audience.

I guess I'm ornery that way - I refuse to let Commies have it all their own way to spew outright lies and BS without challenging them, particularly on the subject of firearms and 2A rights (plus it's fun to light them up and leave them spluttering with rage - heh).
    I went through that when dial-up modems were the big thing.

IMHO it's like getting down in the mud and wrestling a pig. You're not going to "win", you're not going to change minds and the pigs love it.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master

The pigs I take on sure aren't enjoying it
    My Iraq Pics

Preferred Travel Agent - 72 Virgins Dating Club

Boolit Buddy
    its odd that zuckergerg to congress said, yes, he had given.........(insert name here)this corporation free axcess to the info that all FB users provide in profiles and what they post.....but HE NEVER knew what they were doing (data mining, etc) congress did nothing to stop this, and didnt slap his hand OR the corporation that was guilty and said so. this was a waste of everyones time and money since nothing became of it. congress is a bunch of lazy freeloaders, who have no intention in doing what they hired to do because we have voted them in over and over. im sick of it !

Boolit Master

I am still using Zoom and Facebook for church services. I follow a classmate with her battle with cancer. Other than that I have no use for either.

Boolit Grand Master

My Wife is on Facebook. She uses it to keep up with and to chat with friends and family. She had gotten reacquainted with a few old friends. But I had a battle on my hands training her to not post about me and to not post about our trips and us being gone. She now post about "what a wonderful time we had" VS "what a wonderful time we expect to have on these dates". It was a battle!

She pretty often tells me about the leftist stuff posted but doesn't address it. The only time she addresses anything was about some jerk complaining about how long their power was off after a major storm and that the power company wasn't doing anything. I talked her into letting me make a reply to the one! I just posted a direct reply to that person saying something like this " That man you are complaining about has probably been out working since shortly after midnight. He has now been cold and wet for over 16 hours. This was a major storm and there are still 130,000 people state wide still off. You are not the only one". I think they got the message!

Anyway, I feel the same way most of you do about Facebook.

Boolit Master
    What is facebook? I was invited several times but they would not let me in without joining. I never agree to anything sight unseen. I don't give personal information to strange web sites so I have no idea what you are talking about. I think the facebook admission "fee" is too high.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master
    SWMBO was on f-book and it broke her heart. Made me sad to see her losing her family. The thing is evil. It is an echo for the progressives. Any dissent is canceled, and this is the future if we let it stand.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast