Reloading EverythingWidenersLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
RepackboxTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Load Data

Thread: helpfull tips

Boolit Master

helpfull tips

I am getting done with my 3rd and last. Lifetime supply of 30 cal. checks.
    These are just a couple things i have learned
    I made a scrap wood guide that holds the checkmaker in place, acts as a guide for feeding the strips easier, and is marked so there is very little waist between checks. Most of the time i leave less than a 1/16 of an inch between checks.
    I usually lube the cutter shaft for the check. At the beginning of each check making session with my Lanolin based case lube. Even with the lube some times the upper part of the check maker gets stuck when it is coming up after making a check. I found if you slightly twist the aluminum up on the far side it helps the upper part of the CM come up on its own. Kevin

Boolit Master

Gotta pic of the jig

Gmsharps

Banned
    A "jig" sounds like a great idea. I'm imagining something that fits over the check-maker with a mark on the off-feed punched coil side showing where the outer edge of the previously punched hole should be.

Moderator Emeritus

Since I bought a couple rolls of .008 Cu for my 22 FCIII die, I've been pondering some sort of "fixture" to allow for correct material advancement that is quick, easy, and accurate...since this material is more costly, than the alum Lith plate I was using. I have the FCIII mounted in a dedicated arbor press, so space for a fixture is somewhat limited. I just thought I'd post this here, to more easily follow the progression of this thread, as I suspect this topic will be popular.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001