RotoMetals2Load DataInline FabricationRepackbox
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyWidenersTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision

Thread: Denver Bullets from 1980

Boolit Buddy

Denver Bullets from 1980

Don't know where to go with this question, so; I'm trying to use up some old reloading stock that I've had for 40+ years. One such item is a 1,000 240grn cast SWC's sold by Denver Bullets out of Wheat Ridge, CO. Problem I'm having is by the time I seat them in trimmed to length cases to the max oal, they are too far inserted into said cases to properly crimp the case mouth into the forward crimping groove. I'm not looking for a solution as there really is none for my purposes, but am mostly wondering if anyone knows the mold they most likely were cast from and what their original intended purpose might have been. I don't need much of a crimp for a tube magazine rifle but can't seat them out too far and expect them to feed. On the other hand, depending on cylinder length an overly long seated length with a proper crimp would work in a revolver. Not exactly a dual purpose loading, though. Back to my question; anybody remember Denver Bullet Co. and this particular bullet?

Boolit Master
    If I'm not mistaken - they're still in business? I had a client "pay" me in ammunition a little over a year ago that is marked as such.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Not the same outfit. Their website says 'in business 3 years' and I'm certain I bought these bullets in question in 1979 or '80. Address and town and phone number different, also...

Boolit Buddy
    35 years, not '3'.

Boolit Master
    Not even a caliber or photo of the bullet in question ?? Maybe it is 44 or 45 cal ?
    Is it possible the business relocated from the original city?

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    ^ ^ ^ +1 ^ ^ ^

What caliber/cartridge are you talking about? I'm assuming it is a pistol boolit (but we all know what "assume" spells) and a 240 grain boolit can cover a wide variety of calibers/cartridges. Pics?

Boolit Buddy
    .430 dia.

Boolit Grand Master
    can you just seat so as to crimp above the first driving band? I think I remember that boolit and it has a long nose. I still have some of their 295gr SWC's I use to shoot in Silhouette.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bannister View Post
    Not even a caliber or photo of the bullet in question ?? Maybe it is 44 or 45 cal ?
    Is it possible the business relocated from the original city?
    It's easier to give answers when you don't know what your talking about ... why would you need any info to ID a mould ... just use your imagination ... physic powers and mind reading will do .
    We don't even know what firearms we are talking about ... Just stinking pesky details .
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"