Reloading EverythingRepackboxRotoMetals2Load Data
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee Precision
Inline Fabrication

Thread: WC680 Militray powder

Boolit Master

WC680 Militray powder

Just had a friend give me a full jug of Militray WC 680, It says on jug 762/39 25gr Max with 123 grain bullet, Question? any body use this? is it like the old Win680? can I use it in 44 mag, 454 casull?? Thanks in advance.

Boolit Master
    WC 680 is the milsurp version of Win 680 and AA 1680. As always, be careful on your workups as milsurp powders can vary a bunch from lot to lot.

My favorite loads in 357AR Max and 357Max use WC 680. It may not get me absolute top velocities, but my PC coated cast bullet loads with it are accurate, consistent and reliable. I have a pretty good stockpile at the moment, but finding WC 680 (instead of the much more costly AA 1680) is more challenging than the more common stuff.

Banned
    I use it in the 221 Fireball

Boolit Grand Master

That is the non-cannister version(even though it comes in a cannister/jug ) of cannister grade Win 680(long discontinued), so star low and work your loads up as burn speeds can vary considerably. 22 hornet, 7.62x39 and 30 carbine are few good uses for it with jacketed.
    Charter Member #148

Boolit Buddy
    I use it in subsonic 300 Blackout. Out of the same bbl, 11.7gr WC680 with a pulled Sierra 220gr Matchking and an oal of 2.26" gives 1026fps. 12.1gr AA1680 with the same bullet and bbl gives 1026fps with same accuracy. Primer is Wolf KVB223M. Brass is converted LC 5.56 military. Suppressor is Gemtech Quicksand. I use that load for quiet plinking and killing trapped hogs.