Not a lot to add.

I use a pretty durn nice,made in USA 20T hydraulic shop press as "the" barrel vise. Not that much difference in what's posted above. We have to have the H frame press anyway?

Bronze or aluminum bushings. I use either dry wall "tape" as the wrap(use this for all kinds of things around the shop,note pad too) and occasionally some lead sheet. The H frame has enough weight and girth that it doesn't even notice the torques being delivered in any axis.

A well fitted action wrench can NOT be over stated. Further,on mine; on the bttm half of the wrench,the cap so to speak.... I bolted on even more steel to this cap. Adding significant weight to the wrench is almost as beneficial as weight to the barrel vise. Hard to put into words,but the extra meat on the wrench side of things is one area that some guys fall short on.

Will also second the poster above about "stationary" porta bands. I just throw them into a vise,weld on a piece for a table and go to town. And we have a BUNCH of bandsaws. A big "selling point" is tooling costs. It's cheaper to trash a porta band blade on some mystery metal than the longer blades. Speaking of which,google how to break in metal cutting bandsaw blades. DON'T take a new blade straight to hardened or stainless... it's a killer. Good luck with your project.