RotoMetals2Load DataLee PrecisionWideners
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox

Thread: 10 inch Wet Grinder

Boolit Master

10 inch Wet Grinder

I mentioned a 10 inch wet grinder in another post and thought I'd elaborate. I had never heard of Tormek when I bought the Grizzly 10 inch wet grinder on sale for $150. The knife sharpening tools for it were on backorder so long I found Tormek and bought their tool kit. I also noticed the Tormek angle gauge was much better so I bought that too. Recently Country Gent put me on to their lapping compound and it is much better. The Tormek grinder is awesome but at around $800 for the bare tool it is out of my current price range. I have about $400 in my entire setup. WEN has entered the market now with a 10" grinder as low as $110 and a knife kit for $65.

There is a stone grader available that will roughen the stone but I have never used it. The fine grade is aggressive enough to clean up even badly dinged chisels. The do-all chisel sitting on the grinder took 4 minutes, nail dings. Knives only take a couple passes.I am looking at the drill bit sharpener now too. With water cooling you can't burn an edge. I haven't seen any posts on this method and a rainy day seemed perfect.

Photos are my unit running, the Tormek Hand Tool Kit HTK-806 and the official Grizzly photo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Grizzly.jpg   Grizzly01.jpg   10inchwet.jpg  
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

That is definitely the right tool for regrinding chisels and other blades. Some close ups of the chisel regrinds would show others what you are doing with it.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Grand Master

If you dont have one by diamond wheel dresser. This will allow you to true the wheel and sharpen the face up. t will cut much cleaner and cooler. As you use the grinding wheel its grains dull and the porous areas fill up ( it gets loaded) a light dressing will clean this up. It can also remove grooves and other wear

Boolit Master
    I have the Delta 23-710 Sharpening Center. And it works I got it for plane irons and wood chisels . But I think I would have been better served with the Grizzly or the Tormek they are are much more versital because of the large selection of tool holders/jigs they offer for them and much simpler to dress the stone than the wide flat stone on the Delta.