WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRepackbox
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Load Data Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good Heavens! How much?

And Deedee Feinswine wants 'em banned. BUT if you get yours before the new law kicks in, it'll be grandfathered.
    Cognitive Dissident

They are only that expensive if you buy it. As for me? I’ll wait.

Wait until you aren't allowed to buy one at all?
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by uscra112 View Post
    Wait until you aren't allowed to buy one at all?
    If you aren't allowed to buy one, they nobody can sell one either. You can't get a penny for one.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Quote Originally Posted by yovinny View Post
    And to think,, back in 96' when we closed the gun store,, I passed on boxes full of model 10 Smiths,, because they were hardly worth the $25.ea to put on my NY license...

I still have a half dozen older 10's,, victory models, etc, that were just too nice to pass up.
    But after everybody and their brother trading them in for glocks,, we had them coming out our ears and were down to trading a max of 2 boxes of 9mm ball for them....
    I was still in diapers then! If only I could get my hands on a Victory model for a reasonable price! My preference with a 5in Barrel w/half moon sights, originally chambered in .38 Special, few to no import marks, and without looking and operating like it took a ride in a cement mixer.

I'm very much satisfied with my 10-5 since it's by most mechanical means identical, but it would be neato to have in a collection.

Boolit Master
    You can buy guns now. Most Sportsman's and Cabela's have them in stock. And for 'normal' prices. They might not have exactly what you want, ie, model/cartridge. I can get a J frame or Glock or Sig right now if I am not picky about caliber or model. Same with ammo. They have most calibers, just might not be the exact load you want.

Why anyone would pay inflated price for gun stuff today is beyond me. Maybe they think guns and ammo will be banned? Not likely. Just wait until the supply catches up and then watch the prices fall again. Yes, we go through this every time a dem is elected pres.

Yep, durable goods increase in value. Not as much as the rate of inflation, most of the time. As in everything else, buy low, sell high. This is a time to sell, not buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    I don't know if it was a good deal or not, but a week or so ago I bought a 1980 issue NIB Ruger MKI .22 target model
    with a 2nd. mag. original box & paper work, and was out the door for $500.

I didn't think it was a great deal, but I always wanted one, and just couldn't leave it there.
    I think I would have snapped at that also. Always liked the looks and feel of that first Ruger Mk I.

Currently my wife and I each own a Mk III 22/45 with red dot sight mounted. IMO it is about as much fun as you can legally have without going full auto, grenade launcher or destructive device. They shoot amazingly well, and the more you practice the better they get.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Quote Originally Posted by charlie b View Post
    Yep, durable goods increase in value. Not as much as the rate of inflation, most of the time. As in everything else, buy low, sell high. This is a time to sell, not buy.
    Honestly I couldn't be more thankful for the sellers that made my firearms ownership possible. I had to start somewhere, and I'm glad the market was able to provide what I had wanted.

Boolit Master
    Just for grins and giggles was looking at the various websites that sell brass. Even mil surp brass 223/5.56, 308/7.62 Nato, and even 30-06 were in most cases out of stock. And the few that had mil surp brass were asking more than I'd be willing to pay. And forget about bullets, all I saw was out of stock. Except for the odd ball calibers. One site was selling tear down ammo, you do the tearing down because ammo was loaded incorrectly, primer or in some cases were stained or other problems. First time I saw tear down ammo. I've heard of ammo for sale as only for components though. Frank

Boolit Master
    Primers at Cabelas.
    St Louis area.
    Ten sleeves or 1000 primers.
    4.99 each or 49.00 plus tax.
    Only ten sleeves max to a customer.

I've been holding out for prices to fall. Its taken longer than I thought. I think sales could slow in the Summer, especially with the pent up demand for travel.

I remember 22LR being hard to find after Sandy Hook. That abated and 22LR became abundant, if for awhile only. With the way this country has gorged itself on firearms, I expect there will be a years long glut, and deals will return.

Right now, taking a break from this hobby and doing other stuff. I have relearned how enjoyable books are to read. I've read quite a few books I meant to read one day. Books like "False Alarm" put a lot of what we're going through into perspective.

A good quote I recently read; "We're not rational beings, we're rationalizing beings."
    "...journalism may be the greatest plague we face today - as the world becomes more and more complicated and our minds are trained for more and more simplification"
    Nassim Taleb
    'Fooled by Randomness'

Boolit Master

I just know that no fewer than 5, maybe 6 times since November I have seen guns and passed on them , thought about the price and the political situation, gone back to buy and found that they were gone. I am a slow learner.

I did manage to buy one of the Taurus G2c pistols that I have been looking at for a year or more. I hesitated when they were $170 and ended up paying $300. It has taken quite a few rounds to get it broken in and running smooth.
    Last edited by frkelly74; 03-24-2021 at 06:10 AM.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Master
    CDNN sold me a S&W 9mm EZ for $500. It should be at my gunsmith's shop tomorrow. Being on CDNN's e-mail list has advantages. A former neighbor bought a Miroku 1892 45 LC from CDNN for $900 instead of the list price near $1800. He used some of his savings to buy a Ruger SA revolver 45 LC to go with his new rifle.

USMC 77, USRA 79

soon enough we may wish we had purchased everything we wanted.. i wonder what things will look like in a year? will we even be able to buy guns without all the book work from an individual? ammo??? components? after yesterdays statements by our new white house, things could be way different in a year. of course I am hoping everything will be challenged in court.
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Buddy
    I've been thinking about buying a Rossi 92 in .44 mag butI should sell a few Pistols first. My S&Ws and Colts are worth their weight in gold today!

Boolit Buddy
    I think it's all in the shopping. One local shop had a Ruger NM Blackhawk 45 convertible for $1499.00 and twenty miles closer to home we found a Ruger SRH 6.5" in 10mm for $949.00. Pawn shops are making a killing because a lot of people are letting guns go because they can't find ammo.
    Cargo

There seems to be no end to the "pirates" here locally. I have made some good friends this last year or so and they've been a great help in getting back into reloading.

The gun prices are very, very hit and miss. Our local online classified website will have the reasonable deal pop up now and then but it doesn't last long enough for me to bite.

What I have found, and I hear this is true a lot of places around the country, is that the out of the way places are the best bet.

I recently was in Mountain Home and stopped in a little mom and pop place and picked up a brand new 1911 (Turkish made) for $499, this is a solid gun that's as tight as a vault.

I've been able to pick up rimfire ammo in some of the same type places for reasonable prices as well.
    If your mind goes blank don't forget to turn off the sound!

Boolit Buddy
    My wife and I went to a small swap meet over the holiday weekend. There is always lots of junk, that is pretty much worthless, but I try and go two or three times a year, and look for bargains, and buy crap that my kids will have to sell when I die.
    Since we live in a largely free state, guns can be traded or sold person to person with no questions ask. There are a few gun traders at this swap, so I like to look at what shows up.
    Ammo of all kinds as available in small quantities, and it all shared one thing in common. All over priced! Lots or Federal auto match and bulk 550 packs. $60.00 for Federal 325 round Auto match, and $90.00 to $100.00 for 550 Federal bulk packs.
    I watched a guy buy two 100 packs of large rifle primers for $17.00, so $8.50 per 100. Lots of older ammo, mostly .22's that people have pulled off their closet shelves, for sale at inflated prices.

Most Pistol ammo was a buck a round and up. Center fire rifle ammo, was priced at $1.50 per round, but one one seemed to be buying it. I did see a guy pay 20 bucks for a box of 30-30 shells that had a couple of rounds missing.
    Plastic guns in 9mm and 40 s&w were stupid high, as was most everything else.
    The only gun bargain that I saw, was a Smith and Wesson 15-3 that sold for $475.00. A nice old gun with minimal blue loss, and good overall condition. That price is about where they were 3 years ago in my part of the country, and less that I see model 10's selling for, these days.
    All ammo in this area is gone from the shelves. Including shot gun ammo, until recently walmart got some 12 and 20 gauge bulk pack, target ammo in. It is some times on the shelf, but most times not.
    This is by far the worst I have ever saw things.

Boolit Master

Six or so years, easily. Or it could go on this way for the rest of our lives, depending.

Or not. But the idiots in charge haven't even done anything yet on gun control, so when they do . . . six or so years I expect. Beyond that, who knows?

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12