Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Load DataWideners
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky

Thread: Had to put down our cat Evvie tonight

Boolit Master

Had to put down our cat Evvie tonight

She had been struggling with an inoperable throat tumor which was constricting her airway and making it impossible to eat or drink more than a tiny bit. We got a bit of a reprieve when the vet prescribed a steroid that really helped for a week or two, but the tumor was super-aggressive and things just got worse all too fast.

It was time.

Lee 358-158 + 16gr Lil'Gun... it was instant, thank the Good Lord.

She was a good kitty - gentle and sweet even when she let you know that she was royalty far above your lowly human station. There was more haughty packed to that snuggly furball than you would believe possible.

RIP, Evvs. You loved us and put us in our place at the same time.
    I'm a big fan of data-driven decisions. You want to make me smile, show me a spreadsheet! Extra points for graphs and best-fit predictive equations.

Boolit Master
    I'm truly sorry to hear that. We've had cats for as long as I can remember. As I try to type this,, I have one sitting in the way of the keyboard.
    They have a way about them. I'm sure Evvie was not only special, but loving in such a way as to leave a hole in your heart now that' she's gone.
    Sadly,, the one that's sitting here is 17,, and has been slowly declining in the last 6 months or so. She's not eating as she should,, but we have had the vet check her,, and he says; "Just old age."
    I'm facing her loss at some point in the near future. She's still able to get around & all,, but she's lost weight,, and doesn't preen herself as she should. She's a ragdoll, and as sweet as you could ask for.

Dern sure isn't easy at all.

May the Lord ease your pain from the loss of Evvie.

Boolit Master

It's hard when we need to put our pets down. I had to do it. In the past 2 years. We get attached to them. My wife and i call the dogs the kids lol.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Sorry to hear about your little Fur Baby. She has Crossed the Rainbow Bridge and is no longer suffering. I am a Cat person my self.

Boolit Master
    I'm really sorry to hear that, it's rough. We have 2 right now that have wondered onto our property at different times and stayed. Otis had traveled 12 miles cross country from his second owner that had adopted him from a shelter. He was on his way back to his first owner about 50 miles away. He was traveling the exact route I would if on foot. She had taken in his mother and her litter, kept them a few months and took half the litter to the shelter. He stopped at our place. He has a chip so we found all this out. I called him out of the woods, he was starved down to 6 pounds normally 14# and not fat. He's a tough guy and won't take any crap from big dogs either. Good luck to you and your family!
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!

Vendor Sponsor

Argon gas, used in TiG welding. Odorless, colorless, whatever breathes it just goes unconscious and doesn't wake up. Painless, fast, humane.
    Last edited by DougGuy; 03-21-2021 at 09:08 AM.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Grand Master
    I doubt I could put down a pet myself. Always paid the vet to put them to sleep.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    I doubt I could put down a pet myself. Always paid the vet to put them to sleep.
    Me too, I've paid top dollar to have em go to sleep on my lap in my home. Most vets will home visit for 100.00
    Done the deed myself and its hard to live with for sometime. Its always messy.

Sorry to hear that. Man, it's tough having to put down a family pet, but she's better off now. Good man.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    It wasn't easy, but after watching the family dog be put down with the drugs, there is no doubt in my mind that the bullet is faster.

I was dreading it, and I will probably have that moment replayed for me in my mind for a while... But if I have learned one thing as I get older it's that doing the right thing doesn't always feel good.
    I'm a big fan of data-driven decisions. You want to make me smile, show me a spreadsheet! Extra points for graphs and best-fit predictive equations.

Boolit Master

Sorry to hear of your loss.
    I have only been able to take one of my friends to the Vet. My Wife has done it for Me.
    Dog or Cat, all are still with Me. 50ys gone or 5yrs they are still there.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Master
    Daekar - GONRA sez: story is a dup of what we went thru when our daughter's Isabell
    got the needle. Veeeeery Sad...... Such a brave Little Lady at the end....
    (We inherited Isabel when daughter went to college... Usual Story....)

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Daekar View Post
    It wasn't easy, but after watching the family dog be put down with the drugs, there is no doubt in my mind that the bullet is faster.

I was dreading it, and I will probably have that moment replayed for me in my mind for a while... But if I have learned one thing as I get older it's that doing the right thing doesn't always feel good.
    Was there for the two times we had a vet do it. They did not suffer at all and that that made it “acceptable “. Very difficult none the less. None can judge what is right as we are all wired differently. I could shoot my dog to put it out its misery, if I had to. Hope I never have to.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Daekar View Post

You need a better vet, then. Been here 25 years, now, and have a great vet, though not exactly cheap. Have had to do it myself a couple of times when I couldn't afford to take my friends to him. Got a Care Credit card a few years ago, and my vet takes that, so hopefully I won't have to do it myself again. I do firmly believe in the Rainbow Bridge, and if it isn't there, then I'm not going, either. I've forgotten some of their names, but I remember them all. My current doggie is the only one who misses me whenever I'm gone, and is always glad to see me when I come home. My current kitties are mostly my wife's friends, but even the one who was most standoffish to me when she was a kitten is now my friend, too.

Boolit Master

Hi, so sorry to hear! As much as my cat gets on my nerves, I couldn't imagine being without her! RIP Evie
    The unexamined life is not worth living....Socrates
    Pain, is just weakness leaving the body....USMC
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is FINAL!....Wyatt Earp

Boolit Grand Master

Sorry to hear about your Kitty.